Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FishDMX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,394
Message 1 of 5

Moto G5 commserver started

Since today, my Moto G5, gives the notification that "CQATest - Commserver is started". The phone is not charging (1% battery - battery health is okay) and no network connection is possible, only wifi. Rebooting and other chargers/charger cables are not giving a difference.

What can help me out? (Serial is in my profile, privacy settings are okay).

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,270
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G5 commserver started

@FishDMX wrote:

Since today, my Moto G5, gives the notification that "CQATest - Commserver is started". The phone is not charging (1% battery - battery health is okay) and no network connection is possible, only wifi. Rebooting and other chargers/charger cables are not giving a difference.

What can help me out? (Serial is in my profile, privacy settings are okay).

Hi FishDMX,

Welcome to Forums,

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused. CQA test is a quality assurance app used by the manufacturer.  It's not fully exposed to the user because it shouldn't be uninstalled.

Request you to check with below troubleshooting steps and let us know.

Tap on Settings>>Apps>>3 dots>>Show system>>CQA test>>Storage>>Clear data.

Reboot the device & check.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support 

FishDMX
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,251
Message 3 of 5

Hi Nikh,

I tried this twice, but it gives the same error. Only difference I see is that it takes now +/- 2 minutes before the "Commserver has started" messages comes, instead of immediatly.

Also the charging with switched-off phone is not working.

Thanks already,

Jody

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 5,165
Message 4 of 5

Kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. I would also advise you to remove your Google account from the phone before proceeding with it. Make sure that you disable the Automatic Restore option. The steps are here: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/116319/p/30,6720,10165

After the reset, do not install your third-party apps all at once. Test the phone first with only the pre-installed apps on the phone. Then, install your third-party apps one at a time while continuing to observe if the issue will resurface.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

yurais
What's DOS?
Views: 1,014
Message 5 of 5

Just got the same issue on e5 play. I did Factory Reset the phone, and after completing the startup wizard, the commserver loads again, and no network.

how to solve this ?

Top Kudoed Authors