Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John4242
Fanfold Paper
Views: 456
Message 1 of 8

Moto G5 detected as rooted

This is getting annoying.. more and more apps are starting to detect my Motorola Moto G5 as rooted.

It's clean and was never rooted, I am the first owner.

Some apps are fine with it, but now at least 4 apps are telling me it's rooted...

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 147
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G5 detected as rooted

@John4242 wrote:

This is getting annoying.. more and more apps are starting to detect my Motorola Moto G5 as rooted.

It's clean and was never rooted, I am the first owner.

Some apps are fine with it, but now at least 4 apps are telling me it's rooted...

Hi John4242,

Thanks for posting! Could you please tell us what exactly are these apps showing when you say the apps are detecting the app as rooted? Are you getting any error or notification? Can you share a screenshot? 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

John4242
Fanfold Paper
Views: 143
Message 3 of 8

Hello,

It's different apps

One is "Get Me There", which works up to the point where you need to log in to buy a ticket, then it says:

"Information: The get me there app has identified that your Android device has been rooted, which menas that the app  can't be run for security reasons. If you are not aware that your device has been rooted, please contact your device provider."

GetMeThere app:  https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tfgm.getmethere&hl=en_GB

I can't provide a screenshot since the app doesn't allow screenshots (what idiocy).

For some time, it was only this app. However, now more apps are starting to report the same.

Example:

Telekom app (won't even start properly, just displays an X and a rooted error message, so you might be able to easily install and test this one):

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hu.telekom.telekomapp&hl=en_GB

CIB Bank application:

When it starts, it pops up a warning message box about the device being rooted.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=hr.asseco.android.intesa.isbd.cib&hl=en_GB

I propose to look into the Telekom app, maybe that's the easiest to diagnose.

Thank you

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 100
Message 4 of 8

Hi John4242,

We would like to further check this, can you please update your profile with the current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > System > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your check-in data to see if they are a source of problems.

See here for the instruction. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

John4242
Fanfold Paper
Views: 95
Message 5 of 8

I have updated my information as you wrote, I am happy if you can take a look.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 63
Message 6 of 8

Hi John4242,

Thanks, we're checking on this. Can you also send me a bug report and a screenshot when you have this error message while accessing those apps?

To capture Bug Report:
Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
Once the issue is reproduced: Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
Then upload the BugReport to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport via private message.
Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the local time when you observed the behavior.

To enable developer options:
1. Go to Settings > About phone > Build number
2. Tap Build number seven times. After the first few taps, you should see the steps counting down until you unlock the developer options. Once activated, you will see a message that reads, “You are now a developer!”
3. Go back to Settings, where you’ll find a Developer options entry in the menu

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

John4242
Fanfold Paper
Views: 56
Message 7 of 8

Thank you, just sent you the PM
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 38
Message 8 of 8

Hi John4242,

Thanks for the bug report. I got that, I'll share it with the team. I'll let you know if they found out anything. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors