Options

0 Posts

01-29-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 6

Moto G5 doesn't restart. probably 16 Gbyte Memory full, mainly by google photo unwanted backups

2020-01-29, 5:21 AM

I URGENTLY need help!

When the G5 was still running yesterday it showed often that the memory would be nearly full.

I make many photos and videos, but most of them I delete pretty shortly afterwars. Actual size of photos and videos to keep was around 4 GB, but I moved that entirely to a 64 GByte SD card.

- But still the Google Photo App occupied like 6.5 or 7 GByte for photos, and the 16 GByte Rom was nearly or totally full.

I assumed that is some sort of "Google Photo" cache. Before selecting to remove that 6.5 Gbyte though I wanted to be on the safe side, so I turned the smartphone of, and removed the SD card (with the around 4GByte mentioned above) of photos and videos.

Now when trying to restart the following happens: Normal restart with Motorola start animation up to where I have to enter the pin to start Android; after the pin is entered then still normal the regular blue Motorola start screen is shown, but after a short time that sreen disappears shortly each 5 to 10 seconds. (Stuck here!)

I have waited for over 15 minutes. I tried it with SD card insert, with other SD card insert, without SD card, connected to charger and connected via USB to computer. Nothing works! :/

Options

1557 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1534 Signins

23998 Page Views

• Views: 23998
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G5 doesn't restart. probably 16 Gbyte Rom full because of mainly google photo

2020-01-29, 8:41 AM

just put regain space google photos

into a Search engine and the links will tell you how to regain the space :)

HTH :)

Options

0 Posts

01-29-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

Re: Moto G5 doesn't restart. probably 16 Gbyte Rom full because of mainly google photo

2020-01-29, 10:23 AM
This doesn't give any help to my question as far as I have seen.
Options

1557 Posts

10-16-2018

GB

1534 Signins

23998 Page Views

• Views: 23998
  • Message 4 of 6

2020-01-29, 10:39 AM

wrote:
This doesn't give any help to my question as far as I have seen.

OK

https://photos.google.com

If they are then you can delete the Google photos app and delete all the pictures off the Internal memory of the phone as you know they are safe and see if you can regain the space. You can re-install Google photos when you wish. One thing I don't like about Google Photos app is that it doens't allow direct storage to an SD card :(

Note: I also backup my photos to my Laptop just in case as a 2nd backup.

I use this free File Explorer as I find it great for analyzing space and manipulating files etc,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cxinventor.file.explorer&hl=en_GB

Options

0 Posts

01-29-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2020-01-29, 11:33 AM
Please, you obviously have missed that the Smartphone does NOT start correctly. It has nothing to do with an online Google photos Usage. I never used online storage anyway! Only time I used an Google account was when Google Play Store required it. And I don't know the password for that account anyway.
Options

1058 Posts

04-04-2018

IN

230 Signins

13368 Page Views

• Views: 13368
  • Message 6 of 6

2020-01-31, 4:56 AM

wrote:
Please, you obviously have missed that the Smartphone does NOT start correctly. It has nothing to do with an online Google photos Usage. I never used online storage anyway! Only time I used an Google account was when Google Play Store required it. And I don't know the password for that account anyway.

Hi VictorSmith,

I would suggest you perform a Wipe cache partition from Recovery Mode. Let me know how it goes. Here are the steps:

1. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode".
2. Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.
3. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.
4. Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.
5. Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.
6. "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save