Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alzibiff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 255
Message 1 of 3

Moto G5 drop BT network when it loses internet connection

Bluetooth tethering of my Moto G5 works well when the phone has an internet connection - WiFi or cellular data. However, when the internet disappears - no WiFi available and no mobile signal (like when in Aeroplane mode), the phone drops it Bluetooth network and I want to keep it!

I have a medical information device which requires an i/p address from the phone so that it can communicate over a BT PAN to and from an app running on the phone whether or not the internet is available. All fine and dandy when the phone can 'see' the internet but as soon as this is not available, the i/p address disappears and my device cannot be reached from the app running on my phone. 

Is there a switch or third party app I can use to maintain the Bluetooth network? This is really important to me - if I cannot get this to work, I will need a different model of Android phone which DOES maintain the Bluetooth PAN (they do exist). Other than that, the MOTO G5 works flawlessly.

Thank you

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 117
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G5 drop BT network when it loses internet connection

Hi Alzibiff,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to try these below checkpoints & let us know.

Tap on Settings>>Apps & notifications>>App info>>3 vertical dots>>Reset app preferences>>Reset apps.

We also request you to share us the application name so that we could look into it.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Alzibiff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 99
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G5 drop BT network when it loses internet connection

Hello Nikh, I tried that before I posted my question - and have tried it again - but unfortunately this does not fix things, my Bluetooth tethered network stops whenever there is no onward gateway to the internet.

The device which I am communicating with is an Intel Edison device equipped with a radio communications board. I am running an opensource application under Jubilinux called OpenAPS. Others, who are doing the same thing but using a different Android phone ARE able to maintain the Bluetooth network when in Airplane mode (for example) with bluetooth switched on.

Alan

Top Kudoed Authors