Options

3 Posts

01-29-2018

GB

3 Signins

26 Page Views

• Views: 26
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto G5 dual SIM in the UK - Does Sim work with MicroSD, and does lack of compass impact Runkeeper?

2018-01-29, 20:02 PM

Hi, two questions about the Moto G5 (NOT the G5 Plus, which won't let me remove the battery) dual SIM as sold in the U.K. Prefer responses from Moto employees or people who have actually owned one, please! Am trying to make the buying decision.

1) I'm seeing that in certain countries, EITHER the MicroSD card, OR the SIM works, but not both at once. Is this the case in the U.K., or do they both work at the same time (I know only one SIM can be on, the other on standby, that's NOT what I'm asking about).

2) I see this phone has no compass. Does that impact things like using Runkeeper to track walks, or the use of geocaching ap's, both of which use GPS? Or am I unable to do these things with this phone?

Thanks in Advance!

Deb

Options

378 Posts

01-09-2018

MF

243 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Views: 3492
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G5 dual SIM in the UK - Does Sim work with MicroSD, and does lack of compass impact Runkeep

2018-01-29, 22:56 PM

Both simcards can be active but only one for data. The sdcard works with both simslots in use.

Why do you need a compass for a running app?  Those apps use the gps, a compass can not track anything. If you are afraid you get lost you better use a hometrainer. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete