Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LivMi
Paper Tape
Views: 6,045
Message 1 of 8

Moto G5 no sound again!

Hi everyone,

A few months ago, the speakers on my moto G5 stopped working suddenly. After trying everything I realised that it was a hardware issue. This led me to contact the repair service and then to send in my phone. It came back and the speakers were working again. Great!

Now, after about 2 months, I get the same problem again! Has anyone else experienced this issue?

I mean it can't be that I have to send in my 1 year old phone every 2 months to change faulty hardware!

What would you suggest I should do?

Many thanks,

Liv

LivMi
Paper Tape
Views: 6,086
Message 2 of 8

Re: Moto G5 no sound again!

Managed to solve the problem after seeing on another post that you need to take the back off the phone & twist the top half of the phone slightly one way, if you do this with music playing & start to hear the music you know that it has worked. There is clearly a contact problem in the speaker system of the moto G5 as this apparently happens to many people. I hope motorola will fix this in the future.

SCCKent
What's DOS?
Views: 5,826
Message 3 of 8

Moto G5 no sound after update

Currently have no sound at all, it seemed to disappear after a security update.

BigKevT
Paper Tape
Views: 5,654
Message 4 of 8

Thanks, just used this to sort mine out.

patenter
Paper Tape
Views: 4,087
Message 5 of 8

Unfortunately, the Moto G5+ has the same speaker failure problem but its back cover is not removable so it is not repairable unless you take the whole phone apart and replace the speaker. While it is a wonderful phone while it is working, you should not expect to get more than 1 year out of a G5+.

13upcottage
What's DOS?
Views: 1,145
Message 6 of 8

I used the info vis twisting the phone and it works. Thanks for the tip. Like the first contributer I hope Lenovo fix this, because that apart it is a very good phone. Or should I say computer that you can ue to make telephone calls.

Johndover
What's DOS?
Views: 725
Message 7 of 8

Thanks. Your suggestion worked for me too. 

PJWLondon
What's DOS?
Views: 375
Message 8 of 8

I've just had an even quicker resolution to the issue. Having decided to try taking the back off, it only took just starting to lift the phone out of the wallet/case I keep it in, and the sound started playing.

I must admit I have dropped it (in the case) once or twice. Or maybe it was the WhatsApp silent notifications thing. Or who knows? Sometimes I think appliances and gadgets just need to be looked at in order to feel appreciated and start working again.

Top Kudoed Authors