Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gnugnugnu
Paper Tape
Views: 17,443
Message 1 of 16

Moto G5 - no sound from speaker

Have had the 2gb ram version of the moto g5 since April, working fine until today - getting no sound from the speaker - no call, media or notification sounds. Volume is turned up, earphones work perfectly but nothing from the speaker. I've done a factory data reset from the settings menu and still nothing. Help?

gnugnugnu
Paper Tape
Views: 17,040
Message 2 of 16

Re: Moto G5 - no sound from speaker

update: tried safe mode and also doing a factory reset from the fastboot menu, still not working
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 17,023
Message 3 of 16

@gnugnugnu wrote:
update: tried safe mode and also doing a factory reset from the fastboot menu, still not working

Hi gnugnugnu

If you've done resetting the phone with automatic restore disabled and the issue persists, I suggest sending the phone in for repair and see if they can fix the issue. 

Regards,
Ella
Motorola Support

motog275
Paper Tape
Views: 16,562
Message 4 of 16

Moto g5 No sound from internal speakers

Hi,

my Speaker on the Moto G5 just randomly stopped working today. Can't get a sound, neither ringtone, media or alarm sound. Can't get sound on calls. 

I still get sound on bluetooth speakers and on headphones plugged in. 

I tried everything from restarting, restarting in safe mode, with and without sd card, wiping cache, factory reset still no change.

Just randomly appeared in the mid of the day without me doing anything in the morning it was still working.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 16,520
Message 5 of 16

Re: Moto g5 No sound from internal speakers

@motog275 wrote:

Hi,

my Speaker on the Moto G5 just randomly stopped working today. Can't get a sound, neither ringtone, media or alarm sound. Can't get sound on calls. 

I still get sound on bluetooth speakers and on headphones plugged in. 

I tried everything from restarting, restarting in safe mode, with and without sd card, wiping cache, factory reset still no change.

Just randomly appeared in the mid of the day without me doing anything in the morning it was still working.

Hi there,

When you did the factory reset, did you test the phone BEFORE installing or restoring ANY of your apps? If you tested before you install any of your apps and found that the issue persists, then, repair/service is your next option.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Shwoopstones
What's DOS?
Views: 16,388
Message 6 of 16

This needs to be further investigated by Lenovo. I consistently have this problem on Thursdays only to have it resolve itself after the weekend. It seems that someone is shipping updates that break the sound, only to have them work later.

I have this turn on and off randomly multiple times on more than one phone. Resetting, factory or just a simple reboot, doesn't help.

B

Kalfany
Paper Tape
Views: 15,615
Message 7 of 16

Moto G5 no sound from internal speaker

Hi,

In August 2017 I've purchased a brand new Moto G5 (2GB, Single-SIM) on Amazon.co.uk. Two days ago I've noticed the internal speaker no longer works and there is no sound coming from it, although when I plug my earphones in the audio jack, I can hear the sound from any media file perfectly fine.

I've tried doing the following procedures:
Checked that the "Do not disturb" function is off, made sure all sound types in the 'Sound' sections in the Settings are switched on and slides moved to the max., making a fresh User account with the default User settings, restarting the phone, booting it in Safe Mode, removing the micro SD card and using the phone without it, restoring the phone to the factory settings... none of these seem to work.

Could anybody please suggest anything else I should do for further troubleshooting? Thanks!

romakim
What's DOS?
Views: 14,610
Message 8 of 16

Re: Moto g5 No sound from internal speakers

HAs this been resolved yet? Looks like I might have to return my Moto G5.
DRGerald
What's DOS?
Views: 14,296
Message 9 of 16

I had this fault.  Did factory re-sent and wiped apps.  No improvement.  Web chat said I need new speakers as sound worked through headphones.  I tapped it hard on my table and now it works (out of warrenty so not a lot to lose).  It might be speakers had worked loose or had poor connection in mountings.  Dont know how long the fix will work but saves a repair or new phone for now

Conorsmoke
What's DOS?
Views: 14,117
Message 10 of 16

I think i found temporary solution

I noticed that the sound is gone  when a message from whatsapp suddenly pops up from the notification bar 

So i went to settings->App->whatsapp->notification->make sure show silently is turned off/or try enabling block all messages

You can try with other apps too

Top Kudoed Authors