Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drMetro
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,742
Message 11 of 16

Re: Moto g5 No sound from internal speakers

Instead of going through all that rigmarole it might work it might not. What I have done is that I have used a auxiliary sound booster app because the native sound of the G5 is too low even at His Highest number. I tweaked my external app which is sound booster and is now playing much louder unfortunately Motorola has seen fit Plus bad.
It's me
ChickentikkaMo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,710
Message 12 of 16

Re: Moto G5 - no sound from speaker and this is the fix

I know this is kind of old question I had the same problem, the sound randomly stopped working I did some of the things on the forum but it didn't work such as deleting a app I was on etc. However I didn't do a factory reset as I thought that won't solve the problem. But I fixed the problem by going to setting. 

To fix the problem.

Go to setting 

Click on accessories

Under the system heading 

Click the mono audio button and put it on. 

Go back and play some sound etc on YouTube and test it. 

Hope it resolves your issue and worries.

drMetro
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,655
Message 13 of 16

Re: Moto G5 - no sound from speaker and this is the fix

Well that may have actually worked. Sounded good.. appreciate.

Like so many of these problems occur and the first thing some want to do is Frag their device. Many times it is just that simple. So thanks again and KISS folks.

It's me
ErrantKnight
What's DOS?
Views: 2,016
Message 14 of 16

Re: Moto G5 - no sound from speaker

Very excited here! I've had the same problem, on and off, for months. I've tried all possible solutions that have been mentioned upthread without success ... but I've just solved it!

I'm on GiffGaff. When the phone is rebooted, an automated call comes in from GiffGaff inviting one to dial GiffGaff's voicemail number (443, or whatever it is). The clue I got was that I could just about hear the message that was played ; it was ever so faint but there nonetheless.

I looked at the screen that was displayed along with GiffGaff's voicemail message and saw an icon of a loudspeaker. I prodded it without any expectation that anything would happen but ... bingo! Immediate sound!

I hope this may help someone else with the same problem.

Uncle58
What's DOS?
Views: 49
Message 15 of 16

Thanks. After printing label for return to Motorola i saw your post, and used the knuckle of my middle finger to tap the back of the phone and walla. Crystal clear sound. I had mine for only 2 months. Was cheap too so i will hold on to it . Warranty ends Feb 2020.
Jules14
What's DOS?
Views: 27
Message 16 of 16

I also have this problem. Speaker starts and stops working with no apparent reason, think Shwoopstones has a point that it could be an app
Top Kudoed Authors