12-25-2017

CA

4 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 1 of 1

Moto G5: phantom notification chimes every few minutes

2019-07-14, 2:51 AM

My son's G5 is making a notification chime every few minutes.  As a result, he puts it in "do not disturb" mode, which defeats the whole purpose of my son having a phone.

I enabled the hidden "notification log" widget and inspected the notifications and found that the errant notification was coming from the "com.motorola.timeweatherwidget" package.  See attached screenshot.  Also, it appears that the "com.motorola.timeweatherwidget" may explain this phone's apparently-short battery life, if the notification log is to be believed (constant complaints that the widget is using battery - again, even if it's not on the home screen).

Unfortunately this event occurs even when the Time And Weather widget has been removed from the Home screen.  Is there any way to eliminate this broken widget from the system?

I have attempted to reboot in "Safe Mode" however, for some reason this phone *does not* present the Safe Mode option when I long press on "shut down".  That is, I hold the power button, see the two options (shut down and reset) and attempt to long press on shut down... and the shut down option just goes away.  Is there any alternate way to boot into safe mode?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save