Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Matahari1
Paper Tape
Views: 811
Message 1 of 3

Moto G5 phone update to 8.1.0 sucks

Just updated phone to above. Had no probs with it before. Even now it works fine, but there are some glitches, like pages closing suddenly. The worst thing is that the desktop icons were redesigned. Now they are smaller (inside a circle), so harder to indentify. The speaker on button when you call is the opposite side, very confusing, and the worst is that the "do not disturb" sign now gives no options for a variety of length you want your phone silenced, so it is easy to forget to turn it back again. This really sucks, and it makes my life so much more difficult. I undrstand that you cannot roll back to the previous version, as I and many others would like to. What are the chances of the above issues being fixed?

porsan
Punch Card
Views: 743
Message 2 of 3

Re: Moto G5 phone update to 8.1.0 sucks

wth. that is just how android change the ui between versions. Use nova launcher or something else if you dont like the looks (and buy a userfriendly apple next time, sounds like android is to complex for you)
And always do a hardware reset after a os upgrde, will fix most problems. 
https://www.hardreset.info/devices/motorola/motorola-moto-g5/hardreset/first-method/

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 721
Message 3 of 3

Re: Moto G5 phone update to 8.1.0 sucks

@Matahari1 wrote:

Just updated phone to above. Had no probs with it before. Even now it works fine, but there are some glitches, like pages closing suddenly. The worst thing is that the desktop icons were redesigned. Now they are smaller (inside a circle), so harder to indentify. The speaker on button when you call is the opposite side, very confusing, and the worst is that the "do not disturb" sign now gives no options for a variety of length you want your phone silenced, so it is easy to forget to turn it back again. This really sucks, and it makes my life so much more difficult. I undrstand that you cannot roll back to the previous version, as I and many others would like to. What are the chances of the above issues being fixed?

If you expand the quck toggles bar, you see a drop down arrow below the dnd icon. Expand this and turn on dnd and you will see duration options. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors