Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rt1106
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 1 of 5

Moto G5 plus : Issue after Feb patch

Hi,

Last 2-3 software patches were worst. They were adding more issues rather than solving few.

I have struggled with wifi connection issue for almost 2-3 months after patch update. 

Wifi issue got resolved with Feb patch but left me with much worst issue that only wifi works on my phone now and nothing else

Never expected this much buggy patches from Motorola.

This network issue is happening after updating to Feb patch. 

Use case 

• I have 2 sim cards 1) JIO(with data enabled) 2) IDEA 
  • Both sim working fine with calls and data
  • Phone battery level goes down and phone gets swithced off
  • Charge the phone and restarts it
  • "No Service" shows up for both the sims

NOTE: I was facing same issue before updating Feb patch but it used to get resolved after force "Power off" multiple times.

But after Feb patch this solution also stopped working.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 286
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G5 plus : Issue after Feb patch

Hi rt1106,

Thank you for reporting, to better understand--are you facing Network issue only when you reboot the device post charging once the Battery is completely empty?

Do you notice this often on every restart?

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
rt1106
Paper Tape
Views: 280
Message 3 of 5

Issue only occurs if device gets switched off due to empty battery and I charge and restart, "No Service" is shown for both the sims.

This issue does not occur if I manually "Power off" and on or "Reboot".

I am facing this issue since long but earlier it used to get resolved after multiple reboots, but after feb patch this workaround is also not working

rt1106
Paper Tape
Views: 150
Message 4 of 5

Any updates on this critical issue? Or chaning my mobile is the only option left now?

rt1106
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 5 of 5

If you check on this portal, there are multiple users complaining about the same issue. This issue is with your new software patch. 

Please resolve this issue as soon as possible because you are losing many customers.

Note:  I have already thrown my "no service" mobile and bought new one which is ofcourse not a Motorola

Top Kudoed Authors