cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cconsolino
Punch Card
Views: 1,113
Message 51 of 67

Re: Moto G5s plus getting heated during Turbo charging.

My battery has actually been working good again the last 2 days. I figure either:

1. letting the battery drain to 0% a couple of times fixed the calibration,

2. uninstalling the Microsoft Phone Companion app resolved it, or

3. it resolved itself for no known reason.

My phone was warm during the 2-3 days I was having problems, so I suspect that some process or application was causing the problem (rather than a calibration issue). 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,044
Message 52 of 67

Re: Moto G5s plus getting heated during Turbo charging.

Hi cconsolino,

I'm gad it works for you after uninstalling the third-party apps. Indeed, we can consider the apps as one of factors that causing this issue. But the battery calibration is still essential to do as it will reset the battery. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

zanwells
Paper Tape
Views: 627
Message 53 of 67

Re: Moto G5 plus battery draining fast

Was having battery heating and fast dischange and phone freezing up for the last 3 or more weeks, just installed android Oreo 5 days ago and everything back good as new... Before I installed it I removed Google Play Services and Google +.. then reinstalled after update.. First morning after install AT&T service was missing so I restarted phone, all was good. Battery back to 2 or more days of moderate use..

MotoG5UserK1
Paper Tape
Views: 608
Message 54 of 67

MotoG5 plus battery getting drain faster recently

Hi, My MotoG5 plus is approximately 10 months old. Things were fine till last month, October but suddenly i am seeing battery getting drained very faster though there is no significant change in my activities and with no new apps being installed. What could be the problem. Any suggestions. Charge gets drained  within a period of 6 hours even without much calls or browsing this was not way earlier

Post merged into the running thread. -Sandip

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 593
Message 55 of 67

Re: MotoG5 plus battery getting drain faster recently

@MotoG5UserK1 wrote:

Hi, My MotoG5 plus is approximately 10 months old. Things were fine till last month, October but suddenly i am seeing battery getting drained very faster though there is no significant change in my activities and with no new apps being installed. What could be the problem. Any suggestions. Charge gets drained  within a period of 6 hours even without much calls or browsing this was not way earlier

Post merged into the running thread. -Sandip

Hi MotoG5UserK1,

sorry to hear about this, when did you first notice this issue happening on your phone? Was it around the same time that you downloaded an application? Applications can cause weird issues sometimes. Try and think back to when you first started noticing your phone powering off and uninstall any applications that you might have downloaded, or updated, around that time. Try your phone without the application(s) and see if it fixes it. Also, can you please follow the mentioned steps which are shared in this thread and see if that helps.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

MotoG5UserK1
Paper Tape
Views: 532
Message 56 of 67

Re: MotoG5 plus battery getting drain faster recently

Hi,

I started seeing this during october time frame. I havent installed any new software\application recently. Is there anything else i need to check and share like OS version etc and steps to see that

Ankita1234
Paper Tape
Views: 508
Message 57 of 67

After latest november security update my moto g5 plus battery status keep changing.For exmple when it is 38 percent while charging it goes to )0 percent.The charger is working fine and is charging another g5 plus phone correctly.When I tried to charge in switch off the same problem happens.Sometimes when charging in switch on I check its staus it goes from 38 to 55 ad start decreasing again.Very dissappointed.Any solution for this??Please help

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 468
Message 58 of 67

Hi 

Try doing a Battery Calibration first and observe. It's best to do this at night before you go to sleep: To calibrate the battery, press and hold the Power button until the screen goes dark, about 7-10 seconds When the screen goes dark, release the Power button and the phone will automatically reboot. Plug the phone in and let it charge overnight. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate overnight. 

Thanks

Sandip

Motop Support

Ankita1234
Paper Tape
Views: 437
Message 59 of 67

Same thing happening even after doing as suggested.Please help

Mikeyd4u
Fanfold Paper
Views: 314
Message 60 of 67

My wife and I both own a Moto G5 Plus. After one of the recent updates, possibly Oreo, we're not sure, her's started doing the same thing, after a full charge it would drop to 30 or 40% with in an hour or less. I would go into settings, then battery, then app usage, and find that Instagram was causing the drainage. We changed some of the instagram settings to no avail, then uninstalled and reinstalled Instagram and that seems to have fixed the problem. Not saying that's your phone's problem or even the same app, but it's worth checking. My phone took the updates without a glitch. 

Top Kudoed Authors