07-06-2018

US

1 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 1 of 2

Moto G5 plus bluetooth audio in the car crackling

2018-07-06, 4:06 AM

I just got this Moto G5 plus from Costco. I have had a Samsung Galaxy S5 and my Subaru Forester for 5 years now....the Samsung works just fine. I've yet to have any successful phone call come through on my Subaru Bluetooth while driving with this Moto G5 Plus. I have triedtried putting the phone on the passenger seat, in my pocket, in the back seat, on the floor, on the floor in the back seat, on the dashboard. I have tried turning down the volume on the phone, turning the phone off and back on, turning Bluetooth off and back on. I don't get it. I was reading some other post where they were trying to figure out if there was an interruption in the RF signal? I have no idea what that is. Somebody suggested turning off Wi-Fi which I don't see why I should have two just to get this phone to work correctly. But even then I don't have my phone on constant Wi-Fi or searching for Wi-Fi constantly. Basically I have it turn Wi-Fi off when I get away from free Wi-Fi. This crackling noise and popping noise and very low quality sound sounds like somebody's underwater happens at any point in time when I'm driving, downtown in my driveway sitting still driving down the road so it's not loss of Network signal.

Options

93 Posts

04-16-2018

IN

244 Signins

2533 Page Views

• Views: 2533
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G5 plus bluetooth audio in the car crackling

2018-07-07, 4:40 AM

wrote:

I just got this Moto G5 plus from Costco. I have had a Samsung Galaxy S5 and my Subaru Forester for 5 years now....the Samsung works just fine. I've yet to have any successful phone call come through on my Subaru Bluetooth while driving with this Moto G5 Plus. I have triedtried putting the phone on the passenger seat, in my pocket, in the back seat, on the floor, on the floor in the back seat, on the dashboard. I have tried turning down the volume on the phone, turning the phone off and back on, turning Bluetooth off and back on. I don't get it. I was reading some other post where they were trying to figure out if there was an interruption in the RF signal? I have no idea what that is. Somebody suggested turning off Wi-Fi which I don't see why I should have two just to get this phone to work correctly. But even then I don't have my phone on constant Wi-Fi or searching for Wi-Fi constantly. Basically I have it turn Wi-Fi off when I get away from free Wi-Fi. This crackling noise and popping noise and very low quality sound sounds like somebody's underwater happens at any point in time when I'm driving, downtown in my driveway sitting still driving down the road so it's not loss of Network signal.

Hi Naalipalo,

Can you please try the below steps and let us know if it makes any difference. 

Settings > Apps > 3 dots > Reset app preferences.

Settings > Storage > Internal storage > Cached data > Clear cache - OK.

Settings > More/Backup & reset > Network Settings Reset > Reset network settings - OK.

Settings > Location > 3 dots > Scanning > Enable WiFi and Bluetooth Scanning.

Also try to test it in safe mode to see if third party application is causing the problem. To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see the power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode. To come out of safe mode, please restart your device. 

Thanks,

Lohit

Moto Support

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete