Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reba7725
Blue Screen Again
Views: 608
Message 1 of 5

Moto G5 plus has stopped making wifi calls

Until now I have been able to make calls on wifi.  Suddenly, when I'm in a low or no signal cell zone it won't make a wifi call.  I have wifi calling 'on' and I see that the wifi symbol is strong - I even tried this 3 feet away from my router's antenna.  The phone call symbol is on, as is the wifi calling phone symbol, but there is no connection to the phone network, T-Mobile.  After a long period of silence a message appears that says there is no cell signal and I must connect to a wifi network.  But I am connected to a wifi network and can send and receive data.

I don't know what is going on, can anyone shed some light?  This only started happening about two or three weeks ago after I updated to 8.1.  Thank you.

IAmI
What's DOS?
Views: 525
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G5 plus has stopped making wifi calls

This link explains what most people think is going on.  The title of the forum message says "Solved" but it is NOT solved.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/Oreo-8-1-ER082-Unable-to-make-calls-over-Wi-Fi/m-p...

reba7725
Blue Screen Again
Views: 508
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the link! Too bad Lenovo hasn't resolved it yet.
Highlighted
RockHat
Paper Tape
Views: 486
Message 4 of 5

Moto G5 S Plus.
Wi-Fi has stopped working after installing 1st December Android Security Update.
JamesRR
Paper Tape
Views: 129
Message 5 of 5

After an hour with a technical rep from ATT, she admitted that the  company has a block for unlocked phones that would allow for  WiFi calling. I find this to be abhorrent behavior from a company that I have been dealing with for nearing 20 years. To lose a loyal customer that has paid 10s of $K , because I found a phone that was not their's so they could punish me for not purchasing their overpriced and inferior phone, I say your management is responsible for this, and need to go. I will be changing carriers for my personal and business needs. This is the type of greed and stupidity that gives American business throughout the world a bad name. Goodbye ATT, and I hope you choke on your own pennies! 

Top Kudoed Authors