Do you mean 
Highlighted
Punch Card
Message 1 of 27 (4,901 Views)

Moto G5 plus issues & suggestions

** MFN for Moto G5 plus is now working, you can register your Moto G5 plus -
** After using Moto G5 Plus i found some issues & also have some suggestions -
** Screenshots attached below [check serial wise] -

A] - Whenever you call somebody then that persons name appear on screen but in the end you can see 3 dots, why don't you guys remove that dots and we can see complete name of that person. When i was in MFN in Lollipop & Marshmallow i suggest that to moto team and they correct it and now in nougat it comes again.

B] - Whenever your data is on then data sign appears on status bar but the problem is that E/G/H/LTE appears very far from network bar, if you guys put it near to network bar then we can save 1 more icon space in status bar.

C] - In pixel launcher there is a option for removing app suggestion or disable app suggestion by Tap & hold on home screen then tap on settings then there is two options one for home screen rotation and other is disable app suggestion but moto g5 plus comes with launcher3 and its not provide disable app suggestion, don't know why ?

D] - In clock widget tap on weather then you can see city and temp. settings, i think you guys need to add refresh time because till now we don't know how much time it takes for refresh.

1] - When you click photos in camera then lots of noise in background is easy to noticable and when you record video there is also noise and yes, i also found red corner in 1080p-60 fps recording just like other users.

2] - Some users report for high heat during fm playing and yes, i also found only in one condition when you play without earphone beacause in that condition fm station freqency is hard to find and it takes lots of effort.

3] - Device Help still taking lots of time during loading user forum/motorola community.

4] - Add call/chat option in Device Help.

5] - I know you guys can't install moto gallery anymore but atleast you guys can provide it on play store, if anybody intrested to install it then they can because moto gallery is so fast and more editing tools then google photos.

6] - I notice that if you put any carrier sim on any 2g/3g/4g network and do this same with other phones then there is a difference between speed. If other phones get 1mbps then Moto G5 Plus get only 700kbps.

7] - Heat is obvise thing during turbo charge, so don't complaint about it and if you use during charging then it gets more heat. So just wait for 10-15 mins.

8] - My friend get new update for camera issue only for testing purpose and it's cool, i checked it. Good job moto team.

9] - Whenever you see any Moto G5 plus recorded videos you can notice very loud sound comes from recording. Many users put this issue with videos on youtube. I also found the same issue.

10] - If i forget any issues or suggestions then tell me or write below.

11] - So please think about all these suggestions and then roll out a complete update.

12] - Before roll out update widely, you can push it for MFN users.

** Pendrive, Mouse, keyboard, HDD works Fine.
** Nfc & Cast & Google Assistant is also works fine.
** All sensors are good.
** Speaker works good.

Paper Tape
Message 2 of 27 (4,842 Views)

Moto G5 plus issues

Hi,

Please work on below issues:

1.Screen gets unlocked some times without accessing (when phone is in motion within hands) it leaving the phone open to anybody.

2.I found a comprimising instances on security when camera is used upon locked. Took photos and swiped left on sensor it got unlocked (i disabled home buttons previously).Ideally it should be back to lock condition.

3.Optimization of brightness needs to be fixed early. 

Punch Card
Message 3 of 27 (4,823 Views)

Re: Moto G5 plus issues

Your phone can't unlock if you not use fingerprint or pattern, password, pin. Go to settings-security-smart lock and check if there on body detection or any trusted device or trusted place is activated or not, maybe phone unlock problem is related to any type of smart lock.

I used camera through pattern lock screen and moto action and then swipe left on sensor but my phone not unlocked, maybe its temporary glitch, clear cache data and restart your phone.

what type of brightness issue are you facing ?

Paper Tape
Message 4 of 27 (4,769 Views)

Re: Moto G5 plus issues: screen Lock

Totally it is clear that the security features are compromised with no reason.

Test 1:

An app is updating meanwhile the screen is locked. I saw the app status on the locked screen and it is half way through. Contents are not hidden in this case. I touched the update and it responded quickly into the phone forgetting the very fact that the mobile is in locked state. 

Attn: Need whole bunch of experts to work on it. Please....

Punch Card
Message 5 of 27 (4,765 Views)

Re: Moto G5 plus issues: screen Lock

Okay, let me check this on my Moto G5 plus.

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 27 (4,734 Views)

Moto G5 plus/OS issues: With Whatsapp

Hi,

When a image is shared via whatsapp the caption (to name the image with text) allows only text some times but not emojis. Y??

Please peek into this..

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 7 of 27 (4,722 Views)

Re: Moto G5 plus issues & suggestions

Hello

In point 8 you've mentioned that your friend received the update for camera issue, what was the issue? was it the one where there is a lot of backgroung noise while video recording. Also, does your friend have the indian model?

Im using the Indian model and am facing the same issue while video recording, have not received the update yet

Thanks

Yash Bhan

Punch Card
Message 8 of 27 (4,713 Views)

Camera issue is during recording videos you can easily notice background noise and other issue is when you see moto g5 plus recorded video you can notice loud sound comes from video. Third issue is red corner occurs during recording on 1080p 60fps and Some bug fixes & enhancment.

Currently update is in testing phase, soon we all get update.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 9 of 27 (4,711 Views)

Thank you so much for the reply, answered all the queries. Will wait for the update then.

Thanks

Yash Bhan

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Message 10 of 27 (4,706 Views)

Hello 

I have one more query, when i look at the phone through the camera of another phone or any digital camera, the front light sensor and the two sensors at the back(beside the rear camera) are continuously blinking, this can be seen only when viewed through another camera. The sensors keep blinking even when the phone is locked or in sleep mode. I have switched off all the moto actions, but still the sensors are blinking continuously. Only when the phone is powered off completely, the sensors stop.

Just wanted to know whether this is the intended/default behaviour or it is some issue with the phone

Thanks

Yash Bhan

Top Kudoed Authors