Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jawahar77
Paper Tape
Views: 44,316
Message 1 of 23

Moto G5 plus not connecting to network

Hi, I have been using my Moto G5 plus for last couple of months. Suddenly from today evening after I restarted the phone it is not connecting to the network. When I try to connect to my network manually it gives an error message "Your Sim card does not allow connecting to the network". I tried switching it on and off, removing and putting the Sim card back. It does not work. When I insert the Sim card on another phone it connects. So it send to be a problem with my Moto G5 only. 

Any ideas what I should do?

MotoAgent
MotoAgent
Views: 43,996
Message 2 of 23

Re: Moto G5 plus not connecting to network

Hi Jawahar77,

Please follow the below steps and let us know how it goes.

1. Settings > Backup & reset > Network settings reset > Reset settings

2. Settings > More > Cellular networks > Access Point Names > 3 dots > Reset to default 

3. Please make sure the SIM cards are inserted correctly and if there is any dust on the SIM tray, wipe it smoothly with a dry cloth

4. Please clear the cache memory, to do this go to Settings > Storage & USB > Internal storage > Cached data - clear cache

5. Try to test it in safe mode to see if third party application is causing the problem. To reboot into safe mode, tap the power button until you see the power off on screen. Then tap and hold power off (on screen) and a new menu will appear to reboot into safe mode. 

Thanks,

Lohit

Moto Support

Jawahar77
Paper Tape
Views: 43,988
Message 3 of 23

Hi Lohit,

I tried all the 5 steps you have mentioned. But it is not working. When I try to manually connect to the network I get the same message "Your Sim Card does not allow connection to this network". What should I try next?

Kodak
802.11n
Views: 43,987
Message 4 of 23

Test the phone with a different sim, (I know that you have tried the sim in another phone).  The ultimate solution is a factory reset.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Adacosx
Punch Card
Views: 43,952
Message 5 of 23

Factory reset does nothing to solve this problem.

I am in the same boat since mid April.  It seems like the update caused problems with connecting to 3G

Jawahar77
Paper Tape
Views: 43,932
Message 6 of 23

HI,

I tried testing my phone with my friends sim and it works!!. What does this mean? Basically My Sim works with my back-up phone and my Phone works with my friend's Sim but my phone does not work with my Sim!! Should I try getting a new Sim from the carrier and try?

Kodak
802.11n
Views: 43,929
Message 7 of 23

@Jawahar77 wrote:

HI,

I tried testing my phone with my friends sim and it works!!. What does this mean? Basically My Sim works with my back-up phone and my Phone works with my friend's Sim but my phone does not work with my Sim!! Should I try getting a new Sim from the carrier and try?

That's very strange.  It would be a good idea to get another sim from your carrier to try.  Please let us know if that cures your problem.

Adacosx
Punch Card
Views: 43,920
Message 8 of 23

What type of connection were you getting? LTE/H+/4G? Just curious? Also did you try to make a phone call? I am able to connect to LTE and H+ but not 3G. And around here all voice is done on either H+ or 3G but 3G is still the most common connection. Hence my phone will almost always not let a call go through. I can only make a phone call if I'm standing still in area that has a good H+ connection and no stronger 3G ones

Jawahar77
Paper Tape
Views: 43,862
Message 9 of 23

Hi All,

Thanks for your inputs. My issue was resolved when I got a new Sim from the carrier. With the new Sim my phone was able to connect to the network. 

Kodak
802.11n
Views: 43,860
Message 10 of 23

Thanks for the feedback. Glad it sorted your problem.

Top Kudoed Authors