cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bsha
Fanfold Paper
Views: 315
Message 1 of 2

Moto G5 plus power off can't restart. Charging from 0 to 30 percent in seconds.

I have a Moto G5 plus (Indian version) which is little over 1 year old.

Question 1: When I accidentally  press power button the phone turns off and it won't restart again.

It is stuck at the blue Moto lock screen which flashes (comes and goes). I can also see the white led flashing on the top.

When I press volume down and power button together I get the boot screen and connecting the USB charger and selecting various options  on the menu doesn't restart the phone.

Only thing that restart the phone is connecting USB charger cable to a laptop.

What is going on here.Is it a problem with the power button or something else.

Question 2 unrelated to the first question:

My phone when its battery is drained  full and connected to the original turbo charger it goes from 0 percent to 30 percent in a few seconds. Is this normal?

Highlighted
KarlBeckman
Token Ring
Views: 285
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G5 plus power off can't restart. Charging from 0 to 30 percent in seconds.

Suggest that you clear the cache memory partition which is where the battery charging setpoints are stored.  General instructions can be found here:  https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/DROID-TURBO-by-Motorola/Clear-Cache-Partition/m-p/3154195  After you clear the memory, charge the unit for six to eight hours, using the factory-provided USB charger. This will recalibrate the smart charging application to match your phone's battery.

Top Kudoed Authors