cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MotoG5Manx
What's DOS?
Views: 240
Message 1 of 5

Moto G5 plus s cant receive calls from Czech Republic?

Hello there, I live on the Isle of Man, British Isles. Have had a G5 Plus S since Christmas - great, no issues. Bought one for my wife in May - Birthday. All fine, accept for some inecplicable reason her G5 cant recieve calls from her folks in the Czech Republic. They can ring her G5 from their  mobiles but it wont connect, two rings or so and it will cut off. She had a Galaxy mobile before this with no problems?? Have checked with local net work oporator and Czech net work oporator - all say - nothing to do with them? Just wondering if I have missed something on the phone its self in settings maybe? that may be stopping calls from Czech? Sim Card issue? Or, is it in fact a net work issue and I need to go back to net work oporators? Thanks very much. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 194
Message 2 of 5

Re: Moto G5 plus s cant receive calls from Czech Republic?

@MotoG5Manx wrote:

Hello there, I live on the Isle of Man, British Isles. Have had a G5 Plus S since Christmas - great, no issues. Bought one for my wife in May - Birthday. All fine, accept for some inecplicable reason her G5 cant recieve calls from her folks in the Czech Republic. They can ring her G5 from their  mobiles but it wont connect, two rings or so and it will cut off. She had a Galaxy mobile before this with no problems?? Have checked with local net work oporator and Czech net work oporator - all say - nothing to do with them? Just wondering if I have missed something on the phone its self in settings maybe? that may be stopping calls from Czech? Sim Card issue? Or, is it in fact a net work issue and I need to go back to net work oporators? Thanks very much. 

I have never heard of phone or sim card being selective or having any settings that would prevent calls from a particular local. 

Is it possible that these numbers have  been blocked on the phone - in the dialer or some call blocking app? If not, then it sounds like a network issue, but i can't say on whose side though it would seem more likely on the caller end (outbound) to me. 

Have you tried swapping sim cards between phones? If your sim card in her phone has the same issue, then it is either something on the phone, or the caller's end - you could then try the phone in safe mode, or do a reset.

Can the same caller, reach your phone? Assuming you have the same mobile service provider. If not, then It is either your network operator or theirs. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MotoG5Manx
What's DOS?
Views: 156
Message 3 of 5

Thanks very much for getting back to me,  appreciated. Well this becomes stranger and stranger. As far as we can tell wife's phone has no number blocked on it especilly from Czech as it is her parents she wants to speak with. So its not that. We do have the same Moto G5's and I have had her parents try ringing my phone with the same negative result (same network provider). Wife can ring her folks on the G5 from the IOM to Czech -  mobile to mobile - and that works. She can send texts to them and they can text her no problems. But they, for some reason cant ring her mobile in the IOM from Czech. Yet when she had her Galaxy phone prior to May her parents could ring that phone no worries. Thats why I thought the G5 may have something in the settings that may be 'on' that we are unaweare of that is 'auto call barring or filtering' - to keep 'data down' / charges or something like that? I'm going to try an experiment later - to get her folks to call her son on his i phone and see what happens. thanks very much. 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 143
Message 4 of 5

@MotoG5Manx wrote:

Thanks very much for getting back to me,  appreciated. Well this becomes stranger and stranger. As far as we can tell wife's phone has no number blocked on it especilly from Czech as it is her parents she wants to speak with. So its not that. We do have the same Moto G5's and I have had her parents try ringing my phone with the same negative result (same network provider). Wife can ring her folks on the G5 from the IOM to Czech -  mobile to mobile - and that works. She can send texts to them and they can text her no problems. But they, for some reason cant ring her mobile in the IOM from Czech. Yet when she had her Galaxy phone prior to May her parents could ring that phone no worries. Thats why I thought the G5 may have something in the settings that may be 'on' that we are unaweare of that is 'auto call barring or filtering' - to keep 'data down' / charges or something like that? I'm going to try an experiment later - to get her folks to call her son on his i phone and see what happens. thanks very much. 

Did the Galaxy phone have the same SIM on the same carrier network?

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
MotoG5Manx
What's DOS?
Views: 116
Message 5 of 5

Yes, we swapped my wifes old SIM to new Moto as I did for my phone. Both using the same carrier / network oporator. thanks .

Top Kudoed Authors