07-08-2019

GB

2 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G5 plus won't allow Google fit connections

2019-07-08, 11:41 AM

Installed Strava to track activities and wanted to connect it to Google fit, I followed the setup guidelines but when it comes to location permissions the phone just hangs with a blank/loading pop-up. 

Tried the same process on another other device, using the same account, and there was no issue.

I have tried reinstalling both apps(Strava and Google fit) with no change.

I have also disconnected the Strava account from the google account completly and started again also with no change.

Are there specific setting that need to be on/off for Google fit to connect on this phone?

Options

7428 Posts

03-05-2018

US

950 Signins

125786 Page Views

• Views: 125786
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G5 plus won't allow Google fit connections

2019-07-10, 14:41 PM

Hi Dan_1,

Thanks for posting. We tried replicating this but we're not able to duplicate the same scenario as yours. We recommend manually enabling the location permission on both app (Settings > Apps > Google Fit > Permission > Enable/Toggle On Location Permission) Do the same for Strava app. Once done, try establishing the connection again. Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

2 Posts

07-08-2019

GB

2 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-07-10, 14:57 PM

Hi Rich,

I tried this before and it doesn't work I'm afraid. I've also tried the same with storage access. Also tried it on multiple apps that can connect to Google fit, none work.

Thanks,

Dan

Options

7428 Posts

03-05-2018

US

950 Signins

125786 Page Views

• Views: 125786
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-07-16, 15:21 PM

Hi Dan_1,

Just to let you know, we're actively looking into this. I will let you know once I have an update. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save