Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DodgyG5
Paper Tape
Views: 787
Message 1 of 20

Moto G5 some apps not recognising wifi connection

So recently my G5 has been playing up. It started with chrome, when connected to wifi it would not let me click through say to an ebay item I was interested in but when I dropped the wifi connection and used my mobile data, it worked normally. The outlook app also stopped working properly, amazon music would not launch on wifi etc. I am up to date with updates, I force stopped, cleared caches and data, uninstalled and re-installed apps, factory resetted my phone and I have even bought a new refurbished G5 and this is experienceing the same problems. My banking apps are fine. So, any idea why some apps won't recognise the wifi but work normally with mobile data. My wife has a G6 on the same wifi router and is experiencing none of these issues. Help!

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 772
Message 2 of 20

Re: Moto G5 some apps not recognising wifi connection

Write down your WiFi passwords just in case.

Make sure there are no redundant WiFi entries.Click on them all and choose to forget and then make your new one.

Also find the Reset Network setting and take that.On my G3 it's in the phone settings>Backup and Restore.Careful to only do that Reset and not a full one.

DodgyG5
Paper Tape
Views: 765
Message 3 of 20

I previously 'forgot' the network and re-joined it. After the factory reset that was a full start again with the old phone and now with the 'new' refurbed G5, I have started yet again. All along, my wife's phone has been fine.
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 762
Message 4 of 20

@DodgyG5 wrote:
I previously 'forgot' the network and re-joined it. After the factory reset that was a full start again with the old phone and now with the 'new' refurbed G5, I have started yet again. All along, my wife's phone has been fine.

That's really strange especially that your Banking apps are working as they can be more problematic than normal apps and the fact that your Wife's phone has no problems  :/

Hopefully someone else can chime in but I'll keep thinking about it and see if something comes to mind but this is a rare one to me Smiley Sad

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 757
Message 5 of 20

I found this on another site.I know you've done some of it but the other stuff might help,

First thing to do is an easy on, try to turn it off and on again. Do this on both your Moto G and your router, turn them off and back on again. This old trick very often will do the trick right away.

If the first step doesn’t work, get to your connection settings. Check Settings > Wi-Fi and press on your router to Forget network. Rescan and re-enter all details one more time.

If you find that the connection keeps dropping, try this move: go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced. Try changing two settings, make sure to set the Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep to Always. Also make sure that you leave the Avoid poor connections unticked.

When you notice that Wi-Fi interferes with your battery life and causing it to drain excessively, go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced and turn off Scanning always available.

See if you need to change channels. You may download the Wi-Fi Analyzer app to see how full or crowded it is.

You may also try changing your router’s other settings. Make sure that you have turn off MAC filtering or add your Moto G’s MAC address. This can be found in Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced. Lastly, try setting a static IP.

DodgyG5
Paper Tape
Views: 752
Message 6 of 20

A lot of these actions cannot be taken with the G5 software unfortunately. Its got to be something about my phone software, the google android os, a setting somewhere, hmmm
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 749
Message 7 of 20

@DodgyG5 wrote:
A lot of these actions cannot be taken with the G5 software unfortunately. Its got to be something about my phone software, the google android os, a setting somewhere, hmmm

OK.Try this.

Phone settings and there should be  search box at the top.Activate it with the Looking Glass icon and type scan.Wait a few seconds and some options/places should show.Maybe the automatic scanning for WiFi is blocking some options or one of the other settings.

DodgyG5
Paper Tape
Views: 746
Message 8 of 20

I enabled wifi scanning at all times. Amazon music app will still not launch
Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 741
Message 9 of 20

Are the other apps ok?

If so I found some amazon specific links with this Search engine criteria Amazon music app will still not launch

DodgyG5
Paper Tape
Views: 736
Message 10 of 20

no, chrome not allowing click through either
Top Kudoed Authors