Bit Torrent
Views: 129
Message 11 of 20

Re: Moto G5 some apps not recognising wifi connection

@DodgyG5 wrote:
no, chrome not allowing click through either

Just as a test try this ad-free lightweight browser,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mark.via.gp&hl=en_GB

I keep it as a spare as it's very small and fast and no nags.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 120
Message 12 of 20

@DodgyG5 wrote:

So recently my G5 has been playing up. It started with chrome, when connected to wifi it would not let me click through say to an ebay item I was interested in but when I dropped the wifi connection and used my mobile data, it worked normally. The outlook app also stopped working properly, amazon music would not launch on wifi etc. I am up to date with updates, I force stopped, cleared caches and data, uninstalled and re-installed apps, factory resetted my phone and I have even bought a new refurbished G5 and this is experienceing the same problems. My banking apps are fine. So, any idea why some apps won't recognise the wifi but work normally with mobile data. My wife has a G6 on the same wifi router and is experiencing none of these issues. Help!

Hi DodgyG5,

Thanks for posting and sorry to know about this. As you have already tried the troubleshooting steps which Porphyrius have provided, I would suggest you check with a different Wi-Fi connection and reinstall Chrome. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

DodgyG5
Paper Tape
Views: 94
Message 13 of 20

So, the problem persists. When surfing on Chrome, I cannot click through unless I drop onto mobile data. The outlook app wouldn't instal without that app's helpdesk assistance. I had to add my gmail account to the app to just be able to contact their support. Even now, I can see notifications that an email has arrived and then I need to drop to mobile data to download them fully to read. A different hotmail app from Craigpark delivers the service perfectly. Amazon music is dead to me and on my daily read of the Times I can see that it thinks that I am offline from wifi. I have not yet had the chance to try all this out on another network but have supplied the server and network details with motorola support. I'm struggling through, worrying a little about tripping over my data bill.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 64
Message 14 of 20

@DodgyG5 wrote:

So, the problem persists. When surfing on Chrome, I cannot click through unless I drop onto mobile data. The outlook app wouldn't instal without that app's helpdesk assistance. I had to add my gmail account to the app to just be able to contact their support. Even now, I can see notifications that an email has arrived and then I need to drop to mobile data to download them fully to read. A different hotmail app from Craigpark delivers the service perfectly. Amazon music is dead to me and on my daily read of the Times I can see that it thinks that I am offline from wifi. I have not yet had the chance to try all this out on another network but have supplied the server and network details with motorola support. I'm struggling through, worrying a little about tripping over my data bill.

Hi DodgyG5,

Thanks for all the details, we would like to investigate this--

1.  Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode]

2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.

3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On

4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On

5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On

6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take bug report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power-down menu.

7. Wait for some time until the bug report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.

8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the Bug Report on the forums in a reply or via a private message.

9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behavior in local time. 

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

DodgyG5
Paper Tape
Views: 56
Message 15 of 20

DodgyG5
Paper Tape
Views: 54
Message 16 of 20

So at about 2107 I read your post, went to Chrome and surfed to Topcashback, I chose a random retailer (superdrug) and clicked on that tile to click through to see their deals. At that stage Chrome hung and I dropped to mobile data to continue.

I then immediately followed your instructions to get the bug report. I hope this helps figure out what may be behind this.

Porphyrius
Bit Torrent
Views: 52
Message 17 of 20

I've had trouble with Chrome before.I use Opera,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.opera.browser&hl=en_GB

Comes with a free VPN for more secure surfing but VPNs do use more connection Data.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 36
Message 18 of 20

@DodgyG5 wrote:

So at about 2107 I read your post, went to Chrome and surfed to Topcashback, I chose a random retailer (superdrug) and clicked on that tile to click through to see their deals. At that stage Chrome hung and I dropped to mobile data to continue.

I then immediately followed your instructions to get the bug report. I hope this helps figure out what may be behind this.

Hi DodgyG5,

Thanks for the Bug Report, I have shared with the concerned team. Once I  get the update, I will get back to you.

Regards,

Suman

DodgyG5
Paper Tape
Views: 30
Message 19 of 20

Thanks

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 25
Message 20 of 20

@DodgyG5 wrote:

Thanks

Hi DodgyG5,

Kindly update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone. This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

Regards,

Suman

Top Kudoed Authors