Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
octaveCello
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,952
Message 1 of 7

Moto G5 usb port not responsive, only charging when turned off

Hi,

my moto g5 over the last day or two has stopped recognising the charger whilst switched on (the one that came with the g5, and the one that came with my previous g3). If plugged in whilst switched off it will recognise the charger, but it doesn't seem to be charging.

The micro-USB port also entirely fails to recognise when plugged into a PC.

I have tried turning it off and on, holding "down vol + power" to do a soft reset, and doing the same whilst plugged in, to no success.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

OC

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,921
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto G5 usb port not responsive, only charging when turned off

Hi octaveCello,

Have you tested with different cable/adapter apart from the one you have already tried? Also, please test this in your "Device Help" app > Battery > share us the screenshot. Let us know how it goes?

Thanks,

Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
octaveCello
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,919
Message 3 of 7

Also done a factory reset, and still no luck

EDIT 13.48 12/6/18

After the test/factory reset it seems to have started working again. Not sure why.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,917
Message 4 of 7

@octaveCello wrote:

Could you share us a screenshot when you have tested in device help app? Does it fail or pass? If you have already tested all of them with no results, then the next option would be service/repair.

-Swaraj

Moto Support

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943
octaveCello
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,912
Message 5 of 7

Screenshot_20180612-133512.png

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,871
Message 6 of 7

@octaveCello wrote:

EDIT 13.48 12/6/18

After the test/factory reset it seems to have started working again. Not sure why.

Hi octaveCello

Thank you for the update, we hope you have a working phone now. Do let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Thanks,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Jg159973
Paper Tape
Views: 215
Message 7 of 7

My moto g5 only charges when powered off.  Reset=nothing, different cables/chargers/power sources = nothing.  Hardware test of battery = nothing.

If i  restart in factory mode it will charge while powered on. but i have no service in this mode so its not a solution.  Restart again in normal mode = nothing.  Restart again in factory mode and it will charge while powered on.  Restart again in normal mode = nothing.  And so on.  Is this a hint as to root cause and/or fix?

Top Kudoed Authors