06-30-2019

United States of America

15 Signins

364 Page Views

• Views: 364
  • Message 12 of 14

Re: Moto G5 will not mount SD card

2020-01-04, 7:28 AM

Same thing has happened to me since about 6 months after I bought my E5. Former working SD cards aren't recognized now, o have even bought ultra high speed SD cards and go way above required specs and they aren't recognized. I use mine as shared internal storage since the pre-installed apps left me with 5GB of space!  If I downloaded 2 Apps the phone ran out of storage and then I got the "Not Sufficient RAM to Complete Operation"  Strange thing is once the E5 decided it liked one of the particular cards, and it worked great for awhile, suddenly I'd get a message saying SD Card not found then a message saying SD Card not compatible, format for portable storage. And when I tried that it got stuck at 40% every time!  Oddly right now I have a San Disk Gold that it seems to be friends with... Knock on wood

Sincerely, Mr. Hook- Boxing Solves Everything
Options

8 Posts

11-22-2018

United States of America

10 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 13 of 14

Re:Moto G5 will not mount SD card

2020-03-15, 19:31 PM

Hi, I'm having the problem with my 16GB microSD card not appearing, but used to work all the time previously. I did try booting my G5 Plus into SAFE MODE, and could see the micro SD card in that when looking at SETTINGS / STORAGE. However, my only option was to eject it, and then remount it. With that, my file manager app could see both internal and microSD card memory.

However, when I rebooted the G5 Plus, this time into NORMAL MODE, the file manager app again does not see the microSD card. Going into SETTINGS / STORAGE, the card is visible, but I have to eject it, then remount it, before the file manager app will see it. And after a few minutes, the card can't be seen again. Seems like an endless do loop. The microSD card seems to work well in my PC. 

Suggestions?

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2962 Posts

04-04-2018

India

395 Signins

27450 Page Views

• Views: 27450
  • Message 14 of 14

Re:Moto G5 will not mount SD card

2020-03-27, 6:45 AM

Hi GRGuy,

Thanks for posting and letting us know. The SD card is working OK in a PC, so can you take a back up of the data form your SD card and format it. See if it help and let me know.

Regards,

Suman

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms