Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ha_Chu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 629
Message 1 of 2

Moto G5s Audio stutter/skipping/stopping

Hello,
so, I'm a bit at a loss here. I'm using a Moto G5s, Android 8.1. Everything is up to date. As soon as I connect either a Bluetooth-Headset or a normal, wired one, the sounds get... weird. I think, the best describtion is, that it's like a broken cd: the phone randomly skips entire songs, stops them or just skips a few seconds while the song is playing (multiple times during a song, too. And it's not like the audio is just silent for a few seconds. There is no pause, it just skips some parts and continues  like nothing happened).
It does not occur when I'm listening to it through speakers.

Right now it seems like it doesn't matter which app I use (I tried Google Music, Spotify and an internet radio), wether the app is working in the fore- or background, offline or online or if the sounds are saved on the sd-card or not.
So far I tried changing the battery optimization, cleaning the caches, restarting everything and deleting and re-installing. I didn't reset my phone thou, and I hope that there's a way to fix this without having to do it.

The problem occured the first time a few days ago and it only got worse. 
Did anyone else had this problems too and found a solution? I would appreciate any help.

Regards,

H.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 227
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto G5s Audio stutter/skipping/stopping

Hi Ha_Chu

Thanks for posting. Try booting the device first in Safe Mode. Safe mode starts the device without any third-party apps running. While in Safe mode, please check and observe if the same issue persists.

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.
Just turn off and on the phone to boot back to normal mode.

Best regards,
Mike
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors