Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-05-2021

India

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 4

Moto G5s Plus Mobile Phone Restarting after Entering the Correct Pattern

2021-04-05, 19:48 PM

Hello Experts and Users,
This is Tushar.
I have a "Moto G5s Plus" Phone.
My phone restarted all of a sudden.
and reached the Pattern Screen which says "To start Android, draw your pattern "
Once the correct pattern is entered. It says "Starting Android"
It stays 2 mins on  displaying the "M Symbol in Blue Background"
And after 2 minutes, when the phone tries to proceed ahead to normalcy,  some process I think  just reboots it.
Now at this stage, the reboot happens every 5-10 seconds.
I can hold the "Power Button" to restart it, which it does, and brings the phone back to the Pattern Screen which says "To start Android, draw your pattern "
And the above steps continues.

Please do help, as to how I can atleast recover the data. I have 2.5 years of photos in it. Plus I have not taken backup of few other things as well.

Things Done Till  Now :
1) Wipe Cache Partition is Done. It was completed in like 1 second. Not sure if it really cleared the cache. [ But no effect because of this ]
2) Safe Mode - Did not work.
In both the above things, it still restarts !!

Background : My phone's very less internal memory, seems to have caused the issue.
The memory was low that evening, so I had cleared the cache of few apps, to increase memory.
After clearing cache, the phone worked fine for few hours.
The issue happened when I tried accessing the phone when it was on charging.
In Short I think  : Low Memory Space Caused the issue.

Note : I am aware how to do a factory reset, but don't want to, as it will erase all the data in the phone.

Note 2: My phone has restarted earlier as well many times like once in 2 months. But it used to start like normal without any issues. This "Reboot" is happening for the first time.
[ Please do help. Thanks in advance ] 

Options

644 Posts

11-24-2020

India

102 Signins

9435 Page Views

• Views: 9435
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Moto G5s Plus Mobile Phone Restarting after Entering the Correct Pattern

2021-04-06, 9:00 AM

Hi Tushar India

Welcome to Motorola Forums. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your phone and your efforts are highly appreciated in performing troubleshooting steps. I will do my best to help you with this. I would like to inform if you have taken all data back-up(like Photos, contacts, and videos)on your Google account you can able to retrieve it by login with the same Google credential. If not, unfortunately, we have no other options to retrieve the data if you are unable to access the device. 

However, I would suggest you try performing Battery Calibration. This process will reset the battery table and allow the phone to calibrate. Let us know what happens after. Please go through the instructions below to calibrate the battery. 

1. Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots
  2. Plug into the supplied charger
  3. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%

See if that helps! 

Thanks

Sunitha 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Options

2 Posts

04-05-2021

India

3 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-04-07, 19:53 PM

Hi Sunitha,

Thanks for your response.
I did the below steps :

I switched off the phone.
I let it charge from the initial 4% to 100%.
After it was 100%, it was still plugged in for few more hours.
And then I started my phone : 
The below 2 cases exist :
Case 1 : After entering the pattern lock, The phone displayed the "M Symbol in Blue Background". It was stuck on this screen. It did not reboot.
Case 2 : When the phone was stuck with  "M Symbol in Blue Background", I restarted the phone, entered the pattern and now the phone is rebooting again.

Any hints you gather from "Battery Calibration" activity and Case 1 ?
Any other things I should try out ?

@Others : Kindly give any suggestions you may have.

Regards,
Tushar Dharashive

Options

644 Posts

11-24-2020

India

102 Signins

9435 Page Views

• Views: 9435
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-04-08, 7:31 AM

@ Tushar India wrote:

Hi Sunitha,

Thanks for your response.
I did the below steps :

I switched off the phone.
I let it charge from the initial 4% to 100%.
After it was 100%, it was still plugged in for few more hours.
And then I started my phone : 
The below 2 cases exist :
Case 1 : After entering the pattern lock, The phone displayed the "M Symbol in Blue Background". It was stuck on this screen. It did not reboot.
Case 2 : When the phone was stuck with  "M Symbol in Blue Background", I restarted the phone, entered the pattern and now the phone is rebooting again.

Any hints you gather from "Battery Calibration" activity and Case 1 ?
Any other things I should try out ?

@Others : Kindly give any suggestions you may have.

Regards,
Tushar Dharashive

Hi Tushar, 

Thank you for performing the battery calibration. I would suggest you try performing an external reset and see if that helps. This process will wipe all data from the phone.  Please go through the link here for instructions.  Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

Sunitha

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up icon on the bottom right to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

We value your opinion. Read More

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms