Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomTom19
Paper Tape
Views: 327
Message 1 of 4

Moto G5s Plus random reboots

My G5s PLus has been rebooting randomly lately.  It can sitting idle, the *poof*.

There was a security up date of some sort pushed lately.  The rebooting wasn't happening before then.

Curreny build # is OPSS28.65-36-11-4.

Any help, please?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 57
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moto G5s Plus random reboots

Hi TomTom19,

Thanks for posting. Try calibrating your battery and monitor your phone if that would stop it from randomly rebooting. If that does not work then boot your phone into safe mode. 

How to do battery calibration: 

1. Force reboot the device by holding the power button until the device reboots
  2. Plug into the supplied charger
  3. Charge to 100% and leave on the charger for at least an additional hour after getting to 100%

How to put your phone into Safe mode:

1.  Press the Power key
2.  Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen.
3.  Touch OK when Reboot to safe mode appears
4.  The phone will reboot and Safe Mode will appear in the bottom left corner
5.  If the issue is resolved in safe mode, the cause appears to be a 3rd party app.

Let me know if it helps.

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

TomTom19
Paper Tape
Views: 53
Message 3 of 4

Ok, I will try this.  I see a possibilty that your instructions don't cover.

First, a general question.  Does the forced reboot setup the phone in some sort of mode, such that the next full charge performs calibration?

What if, after I reboot and put the phone on the charger, but before it fully charges, it randomly reboots on its own?  Is calibration aborted?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 51
Message 4 of 4

Hi TomTom19,

The forced reboot setup is different from the random reboot since it will restart the battery stat itself causing it to calibrate once it is fully charged. In case the phone still reboots during charging then try charging the phone while it is turned off since the that would set the battery usage to its lowest, then let it charge for more than hour or more after reaching 100%. Let me know how it goes. 

Best regards,
Zeke
Motorola Support

Top Kudoed Authors