Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vamsi_una
Paper Tape
Views: 1,405
Message 1 of 11

Moto G5s plus charging issue: Charging stops and starts and again

Hi all,

I have my moto g5s Plus which suddenly has stopped charging.
Till now i have used only provided charger and today i checked with other charger it charges for very short time then stops and then after sometimes charges again.
I tried charging the device after poweroff but same issue persists.
The device is charging for sometimes and stops so if i leave it with port plugged in, it gets charged but in pulses so charging increase very slowly.

Any known issue ?

Is it a software or hardware issue ?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,371
Message 2 of 11

Re: Moto G5s plus charging issue: Charging stops and starts and again

@vamsi_una wrote:

Hi all,

I have my moto g5s Plus which suddenly has stopped charging.
Till now i have used only provided charger and today i checked with other charger it charges for very short time then stops and then after sometimes charges again.
I tried charging the device after poweroff but same issue persists.
The device is charging for sometimes and stops so if i leave it with port plugged in, it gets charged but in pulses so charging increase very slowly.

Any known issue ?

Is it a software or hardware issue ?

Hi vamsi_una,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. The Motorola Turbocharger will charge the device at a faster rate when the device is below 78%. If the device is already at 78% or higher, it will charge at regular speed. Battery charging rate will start to slow down when the battery temperature reaches 44C or above. Once the device cools down, charging rate will go back to normal for Turbocharging. If your device is below 78%, but it does not begin Turbocharging when you plug it into the Turbo Charger, try unplugging and plugging back in using one fluid motion.

However, we request you to find this link & let us know.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

AriefGusman
What's DOS?
Views: 1,196
Message 3 of 11

No no, I know what's happening with him/her. Because I have the same issue. It's happened since a week ago. So, when we plug our phone with the charger. It's showed up notification by "charging" on the screen, 2 seconds later, charging connection suddenly become off, there is no charging connection, and 2 seconds later, suddenly our phone in charging position again automatically BUT, (we use our original charger) They don't charge it in TurboPower mode, please help us. I have tried any models of charger and my battery condition is 10%.

vamsi_una1
What's DOS?
Views: 1,160
Message 4 of 11

@AriefGusman wrote:

No no, I know what's happening with him/her. Because I have the same issue. It's happened since a week ago. So, when we plug our phone with the charger. It's showed up notification by "charging" on the screen, 2 seconds later, charging connection suddenly become off, there is no charging connection, and 2 seconds later, suddenly our phone in charging position again automatically BUT, (we use our original charger) They don't charge it in TurboPower mode, please help us. I have tried any models of charger and my battery condition is 10%.

Exactly.....you described my situation perfectly...and i too am having this issue since last week....
i guess moto people need to look the issue......now i need to plug in my charger for full night to get some workable charging...!!!

it charges for some duration which might be of seconds or minutes..and then stops charging...then after some duration again it starts charging...and this keep on happening....someone need to help us....

i though its hardware issue...but since you are facing same i believe its software issue.....but i belive the turbo techniqe is failure and that has caused this problem... :-/

phyrrus
Paper Tape
Views: 1,106
Message 5 of 11

Yup, same. Definitey software. Around the same time my phone started doing the exact same thing. Thought it was a failing USB port/cable as I'd pull the USB connector back out of the phone, wait a couple of seconds, shove it back in hard and it was stay charging.

Fast forward to two nights ago and guess what - USB not working at all. Having similar issue to those described elsewhere where when the phone is on, I can plug in the charging cable as many times as I want and it will never say charging and the charging lighting bolt icon will never show. If I shut my phone down it will "charge" (i.e. the lightning logo appears for about 10 seconds, then it changes to the battery logo with the lightning bolt and shows the battery charge %, then about 3 seconds later it restarts and goes back to the first screen on an infinite loop and doesn't appear to actually be charging), and if I leave the USB cable plugged in and restart the phone it will charge (but will NOT show the charging lightning bolt battery icon, and I have to go into the settings (Battery as well as the "About Phone" section to confirm it's charging) but it charges super slowly and will not Turbo Charge.

Additionally, my PC does not recognize it no matter what (I've tried all of the USB developer options, including with restarts, etc) and in Settings under "Connected Devices" USB is greyed out and permanently says "Not Connected". I've done factory resets, cache clears, you name it and nothing changes.

Wondering if the OP or subsequent posters have had any luck?

KarthikKK
What's DOS?
Views: 752
Message 6 of 11

I've faced similar issues. Even when connecting to PC, there is no charging or no new logs in "dmesg" as well. But when I used older usd cables it works. Looks like there is a compatibility issue now introduced by the update. Meanwhile I don't know the difference between the cables that worked and the ones that doesn't. 

Shunty79
Paper Tape
Views: 683
Message 7 of 11

Yes, I have the same issue, give some solution. My phone got fully discharged and no charging indication evsn with another Moto Turbocharger. 

Shall I go to service centre or is there any solution? Please please please help me....

Sukhvinder Singh

rajeshsahu23
Blue Screen Again
Views: 411
Message 8 of 11

Hi All,

Any update on the issue.

I'm facing the same issue. Whenever I'm plugging in it shows charging for few seconds and after that it gets disconnected after couple of seconds it starts charging again but charging slowly.

I tried so many options provided by Moto support on different threads, like:

1. Recovery mode
  2. Restarting phone and plugin charger for whole night

Nothing worked for me.

Let me know if anyone found solution to this issue.

Thanks in advance!

Bips7578
What's DOS?
Views: 191
Message 9 of 11

Same thing happened with me also.. 

LakshyaMorwal1
Paper Tape
Views: 71
Message 10 of 11

My phone is dead now  I am also facing same issue.

help us as soon as possible.

it is beacuse of security update can we rollback security update that we have installed

Top Kudoed Authors