Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deep215
Fanfold Paper
Views: 440
Message 1 of 6

Moto G5s plus ghost touches every time i unlock my phone

My moto g5s plus have suddenly started ghost touching and its very quick in all directions . Unless i lock the phone it keeps calling people, changing alarms , app settings and what not. Why is this issue suddenly cropped up without any software updates or apps i installed recently.I have been Moto phones since last 10 years and this is the first time i am seeing this and probably the last phone. Please help . 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 366
Message 2 of 6

Re: Moto G5s plus ghost touches every time i unlock my phone

Hi deep215,

Thank you for posting. Please confirm all the troubleshooting that you've done with the phone. Also, please try to test the phone in Safe Mode and see how it goes.

To Enable Safe Mode

1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Regards,
Mandy
Moto Support 

deep215
Fanfold Paper
Views: 335
Message 3 of 6

I have not tried any troubleshooting as yet. I switch off the phone when it starts with the ghost touching and restart after 10-15 minutes. 

The phone works normalyy for some time and then the weird behaviour comes again.

Let me know what troubleshooting i should be doing.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 322
Message 4 of 6

@deep215 wrote:

I have not tried any troubleshooting as yet. I switch off the phone when it starts with the ghost touching and restart after 10-15 minutes. 

The phone works normalyy for some time and then the weird behaviour comes again.

Let me know what troubleshooting i should be doing.

Hi deep215,.

Thanks for writing us back, can you test in Safe Mode and let me know if it behaves the same? Safe Mode will start the device without third-party applications running. To boot into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, touch and hold Power off, touch OK when Reboot to Safe Mode appears. Restart the device to get out of Safe Mode

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Highlighted
deep215
Fanfold Paper
Views: 195
Message 5 of 6

The issue got resolved after running the phone in safe mode for 1 hour and then restarting again. As of now, the ghost touching have stopped.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 176
Message 6 of 6

@deep215 wrote:

The issue got resolved after running the phone in safe mode for 1 hour and then restarting again. As of now, the ghost touching have stopped.

Hi deep215,

Thanks for writing us back, please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors