Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Santhosh_Ramaya
Paper Tape
Views: 488
Message 1 of 7

Moto g5 Plus Battery charging problem

From couple of days I am facing problem while charging my moto g5 Plus phone.  It is showing charging on USB even when it is connected to original motorola turbo charger. it is taking too much time to get charged. and it is getting discharged also very quickly. i have done restore factory settings thinking it might be a software proble. but even after doing this also problems is same. Please help me solve this problem. 

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 415
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto g5 Plus Battery charging problem

@Santhosh_Ramaya wrote:

From couple of days I am facing problem while charging my moto g5 Plus phone.  It is showing charging on USB even when it is connected to original motorola turbo charger. it is taking too much time to get charged. and it is getting discharged also very quickly. i have done restore factory settings thinking it might be a software proble. but even after doing this also problems is same. Please help me solve this problem. 

Several forum members have found fluff/pocket lint in the charging port/usb port that has caused this.Using a wooden tooth-pick they have managed to clean them out but very carfeully.See if it's that?

But also try a Standard charger and some different USB cables.

bennor3814
Token Ring
Views: 388
Message 3 of 7

@Santhosh_Ramaya wrote:

it is taking too much time to get charged. and it is getting discharged also very quickly.

How long is it taking to charge? Is TurboCharge being activated when connecting the charging cable?

I find that I often have to reinsert the charging cable after connecting it the first time to get TurborCharge to activate. Not sure why that happens. And yes I've checked the port for lint/debris.

There are a number of other discussions on the quick discharge post Oreo update with the G5Plus. For me the fix was to reset the phone to factory defaults, do a full charge (plus 30 minutes) before putting apps back on the phone. I also did two full discharges and recharges as well. Now I'm back to the two or three days of battery life for my usage (which is very light).

Also note that if the phone has been dropped on the charging end while the charger was connected one may have caused internal damage to the phone, or it's charging port receptical, causing intermintent charging.

Santhosh_Ramaya
Paper Tape
Views: 332
Message 4 of 7

I have drppped my phone recently. this might be the reason. can it be fixed?

Santhosh_Ramaya
Paper Tape
Views: 323
Message 5 of 7

Thanks for your reply.

It took almost 6 hours to charge to 85% from 0%. I did't get that part of yout reply. Whaat is activationg turbo charging? is it an option we have to choose in the phone?

couple of days ago i did dropped my phone and it hit the ground on charging port side.

In that case if it is hard ware proble what is the solution. can it be fixed?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 294
Message 6 of 7

@Santhosh_Ramaya wrote:

Thanks for your reply.

It took almost 6 hours to charge to 85% from 0%. I did't get that part of yout reply. Whaat is activationg turbo charging? is it an option we have to choose in the phone?

couple of days ago i did dropped my phone and it hit the ground on charging port side.

In that case if it is hard ware proble what is the solution. can it be fixed?

Hi Santhosh_Ramaya,

If you find any physical damage with the Charging port, we would request you to walk down our Repair Center for further assistance here is the link.

Also, please do carry the device invoice copy and take a back up of the device.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support 

bennor3814
Token Ring
Views: 273
Message 7 of 7

@Santhosh_Ramaya wrote:
Whaat is activationg turbo charging? is it an option we have to choose in the phone?

The Moto G 5 Plus including a feature called TurboPower.

https://www.motorola.com/us/products/moto-g-plus#battery-turbopower

"All-day battery and up to 6 hours of battery life in just 15 minutes with TurboPower charging.†"

It is supposed to quick charge the battery. On my phone I usually have to plug the Moto charger into the phone, wait a second or two, then remove the charging cable, then plug it back in. Then I get a notification on the phone that it is in TurboPower mode. As far as I know there is nothing one has to do other than plug in the moto charger.

Top Kudoed Authors