Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MotoGman23
Paper Tape
Views: 7,407
Message 1 of 7

Moto g5 plus ascending ringtone

How can I turn off this feature? It is clumsy and doesn't work well, it takes 4-5 seconds for me to even hear the ringtone which is almost half the time that it will ring until it goes to voice mail.

Does anyone else have a solution to this problem? 

bennor3814
Token Ring
Views: 7,348
Message 2 of 7

Re: Moto g5 plus ascending ringtone

I too have noticed this issue. Sometimes the ringtone volume starts out soft for two or three seconds then ramps up to current volume slider setting when the phone receives an incoming call. Annoying. Other place I've noticed this ramping up  of the volume is when selecting a ringtone from the Settings > Sound > Phone Ring tone menu.

Haven't seen a setting that deals with this, will be interesting to see if someone finds one to fix this issue.

MotoGman23
Paper Tape
Views: 7,332
Message 3 of 7

Yes I've also noticed that happening when I'm previewing the ringtone in the settings menu, seems like a software issue
bennor3814
Token Ring
Views: 7,193
Message 4 of 7

Same here with the Sound ring tone selection. Starts off soft for a second or two then jumps to louder level where it should be. Couple of examples:

Ringtone:

Incoming call:

MotoGman23
Paper Tape
Views: 7,160
Message 5 of 7

The question is when will someone do something about this, it's making me miss calls, can't run a business if you don't answer the phone. 

bennor3814
Token Ring
Views: 5,016
Message 6 of 7

Lenovo/Moto currently appears to be glacierly slow in fixing certain issues. Still waiting for them to fix the low ear piece sound issue (see other thread with lots of complaints). Chances are, if the fix is through the firmware, it will be a good long while before it is fixed, if ever, by Lenovo/Moto.

Currently I use (as the video above indicates) a loud ringtone so even though I do not hear it in the first second or two, I do hear it after that. Its a frustrating quirk of the phone to be sure.

Gerrito
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,256
Message 7 of 7

I called it: low ringvolume when being called
When somebody calls me up I always miss the first callsignal because the call-sound-level is too low. Only the second or third callsignal comes out loud.
As a test I called my own number from an other phone and as a caller I can hear the calling sound but my phone remains silent, oh well, it does vibrate (since I activated that option).
Because of this silence I miss one, two, maybe three signals before I can answer. After one or two signals it goes to the loud signal, sound level setting is almost 100%.
Inpatientient callers have gone by that time and I can only but call them.

Funny enough my phone does vibrate at the first signal with a very low sound level, this sound level maximizes during the next cycle(s).

Choosing an different sound does not solve the problem. When choosing a new sound the example sound is again very far away, the next trial is normal sound level.
The user guide does not address changing sound levels when being called.

Top Kudoed Authors