Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

5418 Posts

07-12-2014

United States of America

925 Signins

79600 Page Views

• Views: 79600
  • Message 41 of 104

Re: Moto g5 plus, headphone jack not working?

2017-08-02, 13:23 PM

wrote:

Hi, I bought my G5 just over a week ago and so far its been great until I tried to listen to music today using my HyperX Cloud headset, the device would not play music though the headset instead playing music through the phones speaker. The headphone jack is completely clean and the headphones are only 6 months old and have never had any promblems. It happens with other brands of headphones aswell. I bought this phone through amazon and am with EE. How should I go about getting this fixed as this is my first smartphone and am rather at a loss on what to do. Other than the headphone jack it is a great phone but when commuting I love to listen to podcasts and music and would hate to need to replace the phone as it works well in all other aspects. Please advise ASAP.

Hi there,

If you have already tried different headsets and it happens to all of them, I would suggest one final troubleshooting step. Kindly backup all your data and perform factory data reset. Here is the link: https://motorola-mobility-en-in.custhelp.com/app/home/device/motorola/moto-g5-plus/topic/reset/external-reset/1

If you did a factory data reset and tested BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and problem persists, then service/repair/replace is next step.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Options

1 Posts

08-02-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 42 of 104

2017-08-02, 17:59 PM

I have a Moto g5 Plus and so far, it is a great phone (still learning how to use some functions) however I am having an issue with the headphone jack not working or working intermittently.  I have a wired headphone/mic (ETY-COM from Etymotic Research) and most of the time it does not work on the Moto g5.  Is there an issue with the g5 headphone jack because I can use it on other Mobile Phones without any problems.

Options

2 Posts

08-03-2017

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 23
  • Message 43 of 104

2017-08-03, 10:48 AM

My headphone jack is not working either. when I enter my headphones into the headphone jack the sound comes out of the phones speaker instead. Also the headphones work fine on other devices and I have only had the phone for a week

Options

2 Posts

08-03-2017

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 44 of 104

2017-08-03, 10:52 AM

My headphone jack doesn't work either. When I enter the headphones into the jack the sound comes out of the speaker instead of the headphones. I only got the phone a week ago and the headphones I use work on other devices fine

Options

1 Posts

08-07-2017

2 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 45 of 104

2017-08-07, 14:58 PM

I bought moto g5 plus recently and headphone jack is compatible only with the headphone provided with moto phone!

With the aux cable on my car/ with the iphone/ dr beats headphones the phone is not compatible ie., sounds in phone speaker rather than via., respective headphones.

Not sure whether there is a solution for this?

Seen through the series of posts and no solution been provided!

Any valuble solution would be much appreciated, rather than courtesy replays asking for restarts/factory reset/safe mode. Reason being i havent installed any new applications into the phone!

Options

1 Posts

08-09-2017

India

6 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 46 of 104

2017-08-09, 10:42 AM

Hi Team,

I had purchased Moto G5 Plus 2 months back.The Headphone jack was working fine earlier but suddenly from today it stopped working w.Im using JBL inear earphones with MIC.Please suggest what i need to do in order to get the jack working again?

Options

1 Posts

08-10-2017

Australia

2 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 47 of 104

2017-08-10, 13:05 PM

I have noticed a very strange thing with the headphone jack. Since today morning i.e. 10.8.17 whenever I plug in the headphone, google assistant automatically pops up and when I press the back button it goes off and immediately the music app starts playing songs without any request and if I pause the song, again google assistant pops up automatically and again the same circle keeps repeating. 

Please tell how to disable this automatic Google Assistant and music player start up. This is really very very annoying.

Options

1 Posts

08-10-2017

India

3 Signins

41 Page Views

• Views: 41
  • Message 48 of 104

2017-08-10, 13:49 PM

Hi, 

I bought my moto g5 plus 5 months back & now i am facing this problem.
headphone jack not working ?

i have tried 4 or 5 different headphones , its not supporting a single one. 

i cant believe moto phones will have this kind of unstability.

Dont know what to do with it ?

How can i replace my device  ?

Options

2 Posts

09-03-2017

Ireland

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 49 of 104

2017-09-03, 9:57 AM

I have got two brand new Moto g 5's and out of the box the headphone jack does not work on either of them! Shocking quality control in Motorola. There is clearly a problem so man up and factory recall there phones and replace with new ones.

Options

1 Posts

09-04-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

4 Page Views

• Views: 4
  • Message 50 of 104

2017-09-04, 3:45 AM

Guys so I've been have a problem were my samsung galaxy 8 head phones are not working with my moto g5 plus were my mic wouldn't work when I tryed to use the keyboard mic or on the phone so i searched for an answer and it took me forever to find an answer and apparently you guys did it in the last update, but in nugget has it has disappeared or something, so now I cant use my mic with these headphones. Can you guys please fix this in the next update or something? 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms