Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

08-21-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 51 of 93

Re: Moto g5 plus restarting automatically

2017-08-21, 0:42 AM

This is my exact propblem too.  Phone lags/freezes, then about a minute later will restart itself automatically.  This happens at least once per day for about 2 weeks now.  I also have the amazon with offers phone.  So far I'm not impressed.

Options

5 Posts

08-01-2017

United States of America

7 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 52 of 93

2017-08-22, 2:20 AM

I found a big metal piece of art I think is causing mine to restart at this particular location. I install the compass app and notice it only points one way and I can never get north or east no matter what way I walk at this location. I think my problem is solved.

Options

2 Posts

08-29-2017

United States of America

2 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 53 of 93

2017-08-29, 22:58 PM

Lenovo Community,

I am also having a similar problem with my Motorolo g5 Plus Amazon Prime edition. My phone resets itself every 2-3 weeks or so. I lose all settings, app data, and contacts. I have already wiped the phone and factory reset it (without restore) and it keeps happening. I have tried everything I can think of to keep this from happening inluding factory resetting the phone, without restoring it, and then refusing to download any apps. This did not solve the problem. I have noticed that Google will be slow and quit frequently in the day(s) leading up to the reset. Any advice is welcome. I need a functional phone for my job so I am willing to try anything to fix this. However, considering that a factory reset did not fix this I do not have high hopes for fixing this phone myself. Please help me!

Options

1 Posts

09-01-2017

Australia

2 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 54 of 93

2017-09-01, 1:47 AM

I solved this issue on my phone by uninstalling the Moto radio updates. 

Options

5 Posts

09-01-2017

United States of America

34 Signins

202 Page Views

• Views: 202
  • Message 55 of 93

2017-09-01, 19:47 PM

I've also encountered this problem as well, and unfortunately I haven't been able to find a certain set of circumstances that seems to trigger it.  It'll reset plugged in or not plugged in, with lots of apps running or no apps running at all, under heavy use or light use.  

I have tried the factory reset solution as laid out previously and had some success for a couple of weeks.  After doing the reset I reinstalled all the apps I was using and didn't add anything new, but after 2 weeks I started seeing this familiar problem rear its head again.  The phone works fine outside of the random reboots, it's just inconvenient to deal with.  Since I'd rather not have to factory reset my phone every couple of weeks if anyone has a more permanent solution I'd greatly appreciate it.

Options

1 Posts

09-07-2017

United States of America

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 56 of 93

2017-09-07, 0:56 AM

mines been randomly  rebooting its a non prime one    the phone becomes unresponsive    or reboots   while idle, also google assistant crashes  on  regular basis   ,  I have a 2gb model

Options

6 Posts

06-18-2017

Germany

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 57 of 93

2017-09-07, 15:55 PM

Guys try to clear the Launcher3 and Google-App cache, this worked for me and others! User CrewF24 already described it!

wrote:

This may not be everyone's issue, but my phone was exhibiting the same issue, getting laggy, locking up and then a random reset. i would occasionally get an error message that said either "google wasn't responding" or "launcher3 wasn't responding. I followed the other thread related to "Launcher3 wasn't responding and did the following which solved my issue.

Problem solved: Go to- Settings, apps, show system, Launcher3, clear cache, clear data, force stop, restart.

This did remove the icons, but easy to set back up. No more issues.

I would also do this with the "Google" app. I did the same steps as above and also disabled the app which promted me to restore it to the original factory version of the "Google" app. Restarted it, updated the google app and all my issues went away. 

Options

32 Posts

03-11-2016

United States of America

67 Signins

461 Page Views

• Views: 461
  • Message 58 of 93

2017-09-07, 18:33 PM

wrote:

Guys try to clear the Launcher3 and Google-App cache, this worked for me and others! User CrewF24 already described it!

wrote:

This may not be everyone's issue, but my phone was exhibiting the same issue, getting laggy, locking up and then a random reset. i would occasionally get an error message that said either "google wasn't responding" or "launcher3 wasn't responding. I followed the other thread related to "Launcher3 wasn't responding and did the following which solved my issue.

Problem solved: Go to- Settings, apps, show system, Launcher3, clear cache, clear data, force stop, restart.

I would also do this with the "Google" app. I did the same steps as above and also disabled the app which promted me to restore it to the original factory version of the "Google" app. Restarted it, updated the google app and all my issues went away. 

Problem is, i did clear the launcher3, and google app cache, and things were good for about 3 weeks, and now I am back to the phone automatically rebooting and getting sluggish on google. It is a temp fix and not a complete fix.

Options

6 Posts

06-18-2017

Germany

7 Signins

90 Page Views

• Views: 90
  • Message 59 of 93

2017-09-11, 10:24 AM

Oh, I see. Thanks for the info ... 

And what about some statement from a Moto-Admin here? This obviously affects a lot of users and it seems to be confirmed that the google apps at least have something to do with it.

Options

5 Posts

09-01-2017

United States of America

34 Signins

202 Page Views

• Views: 202
  • Message 60 of 93

2017-09-11, 12:05 PM

wrote:

wrote:

Thanks for the tip, I haven't had any random reset after doing this on Thursday.  I didn't have a clear cache/data option for Launcher3, so I ultimately suspect that there's something about the Google app that this phone isn't handling properly.  Even if I do find this solution to be a temporary fix, it takes very little time to do, especially compared to doing a factory reset and starting all over again.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms