Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asthaagrawal02
What's DOS?
Views: 571
Message 1 of 2

Moto g5 plus screen responsive but black

I have been using the Moto G5 Plus handset for the last 1.7 years. I have dropped the phone a couple of times, but it is still in amazing condition. One day, during normal use, the screen started shaking violently and the phone turned off. On charging for approximately 15 minutes, I was able to turn it on but the screen is completely black (I know that the phone is on because I can hear screen locking sounds).

The screen is responsive and I can feel vibrations whenever I touch it.

I have been trying to factory reset it using my PC but the USB debugging is turned OFF and I cannot turn it on because I cannot see anything on the screen.

Is there any fix to this?

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 557
Message 2 of 2

Re: Moto g5 plus screen responsive but black

@asthaagrawal02 wrote:

I have been using the Moto G5 Plus handset for the last 1.7 years. I have dropped the phone a couple of times, but it is still in amazing condition. One day, during normal use, the screen started shaking violently and the phone turned off. On charging for approximately 15 minutes, I was able to turn it on but the screen is completely black (I know that the phone is on because I can hear screen locking sounds).

The screen is responsive and I can feel vibrations whenever I touch it.

I have been trying to factory reset it using my PC but the USB debugging is turned OFF and I cannot turn it on because I cannot see anything on the screen.

Is there any fix to this?

If USB debugging is off, then likely  no. Service would be your next step.

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors