cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
L4ZZA
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,046
Message 1 of 9

Moto g5 plus - where is the restart button???

when you press you hold down the power button (when the device is on obviously) only one possibility shows up...  no airplane mode option... not even a restart option... like any other amdroid device... 

also considering that manually powering off and on the device takes ages (LONG SPLASH SCREEN -> insert pin (if you chose the option) -> LONGO SPLASH SCREEN AGAIN!)

it's unbelievable... and I paid this device 250£ for an 150£ worth device?..

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 8,023
Message 2 of 9

Re: Moto g5 plus - where is the restart button???

@L4ZZA wrote:

when you press you hold down the power button (when the device is on obviously) only one possibility shows up...  no airplane mode option... not even a restart option... like any other amdroid device... 

also considering that manually powering off and on the device takes ages (LONG SPLASH SCREEN -> insert pin (if you chose the option) -> LONGO SPLASH SCREEN AGAIN!)

Hi L4ZZA,

We try, as much as possible, to keep our devices stay as close to stock Android. The restart/reboot option is disabled in stock android. You can try to press and hold the power button for more than 10 seconds to force a reboot of the device. This will not erase any of your data or settings. As for the airplane mode, it should be included in the quick settings when you swip the notifications bar down.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 8,022
Message 3 of 9

@L4ZZA wrote:

Actually, this is just like Nexus and Pixel devices - the only option is shutdown. You can get to airplane mode via the quick settings pull down.

Google added a reset uption to shutdown menu in android 7.1. 

You have noticed what custom builds of android add by other OEMs. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
L4ZZA
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,942
Message 4 of 9

I don't really care about the airplane button, but the not-existing restart option is a massive loss in matter of features and for UX...

when will the update to 7.1 wil be available for moto G5 plus then?

Long2ski
Core Memory
Views: 7,904
Message 5 of 9

Unfortunately.... And this is going to sound like a rant... Lenovo does not really update their phones so 7.1 is probably not going to happen. I am on the original software shipped with my phone I bought in March with no updates to security patches (still January patch) or bug fixes. I live in the US and check updates obsessively but I'm stuck. In all honesty, if you can, return the phone and go with another company that does updates. The Verizon bug, camera video bugs, force closes, and numerous other complaints shown here in this forum will tell you all about the lack of support. Sorry to be so negative.... just frustrated with Lenovo.

Phrozencrew
Token Ring
Views: 7,893
Message 6 of 9

Lolz,   The G5+ is a shipwrek....    and way to expensive for what you get. It's a phone build for countries like India but ieven their people start complaining.

You better return it and buy a nice Honnor or if you are really into Lenovo buy an Moto G4.....  same size and no problems.

And with the build quility, I don't think any G5+ will make it to the Android 8 update.....

The only right answer is the one that solves the problem !
thilse2005
What's DOS?
Views: 541
Message 7 of 9

i have moto g5 plus, power button not working , will u please help to sort out this iisue
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 539
Message 8 of 9

@thilse2005 wrote:
i have moto g5 plus, power button not working , will u please help to sort out this iisue

If the physical power button doesn't work, you likely need service. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
thilse2005
What's DOS?
Views: 537
Message 9 of 9

i can't able to lock the screen using power button, l can't restart my phone also
Top Kudoed Authors