Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-25-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 4

MotoG5 bootloader error

2019-01-25, 10:23 AM

Hey,

So basically last night when my MOTOG5 had relitively good charge it randomly powered off and wouldnt power on again. I charged it all night and it had the little white light flashign in the corner so I was sure it was charging. however, this morning it still wouldn't turn on. After googling a few things I tried the bootloader thing. I held down volume down and power and got to a menu, great. However it wont let me select any options or scroll between options. If I hold down all three until the screen goes black and then just volume down and power I can scroll for abit but as soon as I try select with the power key it freezes again. It also says Battery low (charging) in red but has been charging all night so I assume this is part of the problem and then at the bottom it says connect USB data cabel so I don't know whats going on. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Options

1045 Posts

10-08-2015

India

1597 Signins

33668 Page Views

• Views: 33668
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: MotoG5 bootloader error

2019-01-25, 13:03 PM

wrote:

Hey,

So basically last night when my MOTOG5 had relitively good charge it randomly powered off and wouldnt power on again. I charged it all night and it had the little white light flashign in the corner so I was sure it was charging. however, this morning it still wouldn't turn on. After googling a few things I tried the bootloader thing. I held down volume down and power and got to a menu, great. However it wont let me select any options or scroll between options. If I hold down all three until the screen goes black and then just volume down and power I can scroll for abit but as soon as I try select with the power key it freezes again. It also says Battery low (charging) in red but has been charging all night so I assume this is part of the problem and then at the bottom it says connect USB data cabel so I don't know whats going on. Any help would be much appreciated. 

Hi Ciara,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to try these below External Reset steps if it doesn't work submitting your phone for repair would be the next logical action.

External Reset steps:

If you are unable to access the phone's menu to perform the standard reset you can attempt an External Factory Reset.

Warning: Before proceeding with an External Reset ensure you know your Gmail address and password. If you don’t know the Gmail address and password, visit www.gmail.com > “Need help?”.

Once you have reset your password, power up the locked phone in an area with Wi-Fi or data service, and enter the new password. 

Notes:

• When using this feature; everything is deleted from the device.
  • Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.

1.  With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.

2.  Press the Volume Down button until the flag next to the power button reads "Recovery mode"

3.  Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode.

4.  You'll see an image of an Android robot with the words "No Command:".

5.  While holding down the Power button, press and release the Volume Up button.

6.  Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe data/factory reset" and press the Power button to select it.

7.  Scroll down to "Yes - erase all user data" and press the Power button to select it.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Options

3 Posts

01-25-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

2 Signins

37 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 37
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-01-25, 13:08 PM

Thank you! My problem is at step 3 pressing the power button does nothing and then I cannot scroll through the menu because it freezes

Options

2019-01-25, 19:06 PM

You might need to use the "2Minute trick".

Click here,

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/MOTO-G-MOTO-G-4G-LTE-1st-Gen/Moto-G-will-not-power-up/m-p/3220628#M21103

HTH :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms