Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Harsh2712
What's DOS?
Views: 10,581
Message 1 of 9

My Moto G5 plus keep restarting

i have been facing a problem with my moto g5 plus its keep restarting hourly i did reset too than still its happening can anyone help me out ? what should i do now?

Highlighted
sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 10,436
Message 2 of 9

Re: My Moto G5 plus keep restarting

It might be problem caused due to an app.

So, to test it, boot to Safe mode and use for several hours. If you don't see any restarts, then the problem is with a 3rd party app.

Then reboot to normal mode and start uninstalling apps which are recently installed.

To boot into safe mode, long press physical power button > long press on "power off" > click "OK".

To boot into normal mode again, just turn off phone normally and turn on again.

Additionally, I suggest to Wipe cache partition. 

1) With the phone powered off, press and hold the Volume Down button and the Power button at the same time until the device turns on.

2) Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Recovery mode"

3) Press the Power button to restart into Recovery mode. You'll see an image of an Android robot with a red exclamation mark.

4) Holding the Power button, tap Volume Up once and then release the Power button.

5) Use the volume buttons to scroll to "wipe cache partition" and press the Power button to select it.

6) "Reboot system now" will be highlighted, press the Power button to select it.

Note: Clearing the cache may take up to 5-10 minutes depending on user memory.

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
Dev45
What's DOS?
Views: 9,632
Message 3 of 9

i have been facing a problem with my moto g5 plus its keep restarting hourly. i did reset too than still its happening can anyone help me out ? what should i do now?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 9,587
Message 4 of 9

@Dev45 wrote:

i have been facing a problem with my moto g5 plus its keep restarting hourly. i did reset too than still its happening can anyone help me out ? what should i do now?

The suggestions of sdzshn3 before your post are all good. Please try them and let us know if it helps.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums. 

edvre
Paper Tape
Views: 9,268
Message 5 of 9

Just today I have the same problem, worse it is, It does not load my configuration an after 2 min it restart again, even on the PIN password screen, even in safe mode.

now what i remember last night I connected the power cable and "android.app crashed" or someting like that and then i tap a couple or times on the "restart app" button but nothing happened and I needed to sleep, so I sleep and the next day the abobe problem happened.

edvre
Paper Tape
Views: 9,266
Message 6 of 9

now, I did this, and selected to restore everything, not crash as now, downloading apps

1. Touch Image

2. Touch Settings

3. Scroll down and touch Backup & reset

Note: Please unselect the Automatic restore option. (You may need to turn ON Back up my data to turn Automatic restore OFF.)

4. Touch Factory Data Reset

5. Touch Reset Phone

edvre
Paper Tape
Views: 9,261
Message 7 of 9

never mind, that did it, though I lost everything, even my naked photos.
SamMa
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,911
Message 8 of 9

Re: My Moto E5 plus keep restarting

I tried this procedure and the phone worked for one week but again it started the restarting problem. Is there a permanent solution? I was almost happy when it lasted for 1 week. But alas! 
why is this happening. My E5 plus is a new phone. I see on this forum  that this is an issue dealt by a number of people. Please help find a permanent solution!

SamMa
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,099
Message 9 of 9

I posted on this forum and got pieces of advice that didn't work. But I finally found the answer. 

There was an open sleeve which was pressing the power button and the volume button and when I was keeping the phone in the pocket, this was randomly pressing and causing the reset. I tried to observe at what frequency the reset was happening and figured out that mostly reset happens when it is in my pant pocket. Soon I took out the sleeve and observed. The problem disappeared. So check out if this is a possibility for any of you!!Sleeve1.pngSleeves cut out with Phone insertedSleeve2.pngsleeve by itself

Top Kudoed Authors