Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mediik
Paper Tape
Views: 238
Message 1 of 4

New Moto g5plus wifi issues

I have had my g5 for around 2 weeks and it had worked flawlessly.  Even exceeding my expectations.

Then yesterday my ISP replaced my cable modem.

Now my phone barely will use my wifi.  By barely I mean it will take 15 to 240 seconds before loading anything from the internet.  I have 4 other tablets/phones plus 3 TVs using the wifi and they were not affected by the change.

I did a factory reset on the phone and now I cannot even get it to log into my google account - it reaches time out every single time when checking info.  At this point my new phone is useless.

Please help.

Highlighted
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 187
Message 2 of 4

Re: New Moto g5plus wifi issues

@Mediik wrote:

I have had my g5 for around 2 weeks and it had worked flawlessly.  Even exceeding my expectations.

Then yesterday my ISP replaced my cable modem.

Now my phone barely will use my wifi.  By barely I mean it will take 15 to 240 seconds before loading anything from the internet.  I have 4 other tablets/phones plus 3 TVs using the wifi and they were not affected by the change.

I did a factory reset on the phone and now I cannot even get it to log into my google account - it reaches time out every single time when checking info.  At this point my new phone is useless.

Please help.

Hi Mediik,

Have you tried connecting to other wifi networks aside from your own? Did you experience the same? You can try reseeting the network. Go to Settings > Backup & Reset > Network Setting Reset > Reset Settings. Power cycle the phone and test. Let us know what happens.

Regards,

JM

Motorola Support

Mediik
Paper Tape
Views: 181
Message 3 of 4

Reseting the network had no effect.  The phone will still only use the cellular network for data.  Wifi is not working at all.

I will have to find another wifi to test with.

Krishnan54
What's DOS?
Views: 61
Message 4 of 4

I have wifi wifi issues , and I took bug report. How to contact you in a private message

Top Kudoed Authors