Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MotoUser17
Punch Card
Views: 1,129
Message 31 of 49

Re: No More Security Updates

Safe-Keeper: I am not an expert; I've been trying to understand the risks and shared some seemingly credible information. Everyone has to make his or her own decisions.

It is possible that a serious vulnerability can arise that would make it risky to use unpatched Android. For this reason, in the future I plan to buy a Pixel or Android One phone, which will get monthly security updates.

Short of such a vulnerabiltiy, from what I have read I am satisfied that I can keep using my G5 Plus with Oreo without undue risk for some period, perhaps up to a year or so.

I would not want to be using Oreo when it is so out of date that only a small percentage of Android phones run it, which will be well over a year from now.

MotoUser17
Punch Card
Views: 1,073
Message 32 of 49

It looks like Android One phones do not necessarily get monthly security updates for 3 years:

https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/46250/no-security-patch-updates-confirmed

roxetak
SCSI Port
Views: 1,068
Message 33 of 49

Yes, it could be true, because it is ilear android and update make google first.

roxetak
bhaskarsa
Punch Card
Views: 989
Message 34 of 49

@ashutoshmatari wrote:

Products from Amazon have different software channel such as amzus, amzin, etc. It's good that Amazon is providing security patches.

No they don't, i got my moto g5 from amazon unlocked, has the "retgb" software channel 

if it helps, it was Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. 

ashutoshmatari
Punch Card
Views: 965
Message 35 of 49

retgb is retail channel, you won't receive any further updates, I fear. By the way did u get the february security patch. Mine is still on December.

grahamt1
Punch Card
Views: 891
Message 36 of 49

No, I haven't got the February security patch yet (software channel 'retgb'). Has anyone?

roxetak
SCSI Port
Views: 886
Message 37 of 49

i have reteu moto g5plus, with december security update too.

roxetak
sourabmund
What's DOS?
Views: 875
Message 38 of 49

Moto g4 plus shuts down as soon as I turn on the Mobile data

Hi Team,

I have a Moto g4 plus, which shuts down when the mobile data is turned on. However, it works fine with Wifi.

I also tried using the sim on a different device but didn't encouter the issue, hence, its an issue related to the device rather than sim.

Please assist,

roxetak
SCSI Port
Views: 872
Message 39 of 49

Re: Moto g4 plus shuts down as soon as I turn on the Mobile data

If you want be a sure, just try another sim card.
roxetak
genacgenac
Punch Card
Views: 854
Message 40 of 49

Re: Moto g4 plus shuts down as soon as I turn on the Mobile data

@sourabmund wrote:

Hi Team,

I have a Moto g4 plus, which shuts down when the mobile data is turned on. However, it works fine with Wifi.

I also tried using the sim on a different device but didn't encouter the issue, hence, its an issue related to the device rather than sim.

Please assist,

That's a feature designed to spare the you trouble of shutting down your phone for no good reason.

Will anyone reading these boards ever by any Leno or Moto product again?  I wouldn't buy diapers from these horrible corporate citizens.

Top Kudoed Authors