Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KevinKProf
Paper Tape
Views: 540
Message 41 of 54

Re: Add Night Light Feature In December Security Update

My daughter and I both have g5 plus phones and have lost night mode with the update. A big problem since blue light affects us both a lot.

How can Motorola take away important functions like this and expect to not alienate customers? And no response to the forum here on when it might be fixed? Don't ask us to give up our money for your products next time.

Mimatti
Fanfold Paper
Views: 507
Message 42 of 54

Re: No Night display provided in moto g5 plus

Hi . Don’t know how to post a New topic but have a question. When receiving WhatsApp Message with video’s and photo’s all of them are being stored in the “STATUS” box. I would to delete all of them. How can i do this? They told me that these Will be automatical deleted after one month be that does not happend . I can see video’s and photo’s as of januari 2018. Appreciate your response.

Wyomingnan1
Fanfold Paper
Views: 498
Message 43 of 54

Is Motorola going to answer this question? Will they fix this issue?

BlueHen
Blue Screen Again
Views: 394
Message 44 of 54

Motorola,

I've only had my G5Plus since March, 2018 - it's a new phone, and still under factory warranty.

Now, the update that MOTOROLA pushed out (I didn't ask for it!), has DAMAGED the phone, and I've lost an important tool, the ability to shift the display and filter out the blue light at night.  I used Twilight before the "upgrade", and it worked flawlessly.  Now, even Twilight doesn't dim the status bar, the lock screen, and generally makes the phone impossible to use at night with comfort.

So this sounds like a phone defect, right?

So I called the support line about placing a warranty claim, to get a new device and start over.  Interestingly, the support person agreed with me, and was willing to replace the phone.  But then she checked with the supplier, and apparently they're now only sending out phones that have already been upgraded with OREO.

So it would do nothing for me. 

How about you buy back my phone, and I'll find one on ebay that hasn't been updated?  9 months with a phone that has been damaged by the manufacture - and after buying SIX Moto devices over the last few years for family.

Or just fix it!

Thank you.

Mikeyd4u
Paper Tape
Views: 368
Message 45 of 54

Time for some class action litigation, the foreign owners of Moto need to realize business isn't done this way in Merica.

Mikeyd4u
Paper Tape
Views: 360
Message 46 of 54

I see that a screen shot has already been provided by another member, that screen shot reflects the same thing seen on my phone exactly.

I already spoke on the phone with Moto Tech Support and was given the number for Google tech support, Google Tech support informed me that the Night View mode was blocked by Motorola in the Moto G5 Plus, and that it was a Motorola issue. So I Called Motorola back and the individule at Moto called Google a liar, stated that Motorola doesn't have the ability to block features in the Android build, and got rather hostile towards me. I love every Motorola device I've ever owned from My 1st bag phone, StarTac, MicroTac, V60, Moto G 1st gen... I certainly hope the new owners of Motorola Mobile division don't continue treating the Moto Fans this bad going forward.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 289
Message 47 of 54

The Night Mode is not supported on Moto G5 Plus, however, you can always turn on adaptive brightness to automatically optimize brightness level on your device based on the available light around you. Adaptive brightness is on by default. You can still adjust your brightness when needed. As mentioned in my earlier post, we will pass your feedback along to our product team but there's not guarantee that it will be included in future updates.

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

hobrien
Paper Tape
Views: 276
Message 48 of 54

Your previous response that you would pass it on was months ago. Has there been a response from the product team as to whether this is planned or not at all?

You've removed functionality which was available in previous versions by 3rd party apps. There is a method available on other Moto phones which replaces the disabled functionality but nothing for g5 plus, just the disabling.

Adaptive brightness is not an alternative, neither is manually adjusting screen brightness. They do very different things to night modes. This a big change for a lot of people.

Please provide a response from the product team.
K9cop
What's DOS?
Views: 266
Message 49 of 54

You beat me to it and probably said it better than I could have. It's not just the fact that they didn't include native night mode it's that they disabled the ability to even use third party light filters. Who in the room said "hey let's screw this update up so bad that it makes people buy new Motorola phones"? I doubt that happened. If anything it was an oversight, but overaights can be fixed easily without a huge software push. Fix your SNAFU Lenovo!
Mikeyd4u
Paper Tape
Views: 208
Message 50 of 54

I was informed by a member of the Google support team that the Moto G5 Plus would be capable of using the night Mode option had Motorola not opted to block it, and that it took significantly more effort for Motorola's development team to block it than to just make it available. Anyone considering a new Moto brand phone should seriously consider Moto's policies for updating 1 year old phones while making their purchase choices.

Top Kudoed Authors