Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
karsumit94
Serial Port
Views: 13,080
Message 1 of 4

No Oreo Update for Moto G5 Plus in India

There is no Oreo Update for Moto G5 Plus in India. I read the official statement in the forum stating the release of Oreo for the Moto G5 Plus (Release Notes). Whenever I try for Software Update it said Already updated!! 
None of the Moto G5/G5 Plus users in my contact received the update.
This is so disappointing. It took almost 1.5 years to develop the update and now the rolling out is so slow (I guess 1 device per day!! )

Hopefully Moto / Lenovo will complete the roll out process by the time I buy a new phone from some other brand !

akb2201
SCSI Port
Views: 12,685
Message 2 of 4

Re: No Oreo Update for Moto G5 Plus in India

Pondicherry, India. Haven't received the update. I suppose it's been more than a week since MotorolaTom announced the phased release in India for g 5+. Either Motorola is making a fool out of us or their phase release means 1 person a week will get the ota update.

Vijay_M
Punch Card
Views: 12,648
Message 3 of 4

i dont think anyone hha received the update via OTA, the peopel who claim to receive the update are downloading it from unverified source where someone from MFN must have ahared the link to download the update which was ment only for soak test ... 

Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 12,635
Message 4 of 4

@karsumit94 wrote:

There is no Oreo Update for Moto G5 Plus in India. I read the official statement in the forum stating the release of Oreo for the Moto G5 Plus (Release Notes). Whenever I try for Software Update it said Already updated!! 
None of the Moto G5/G5 Plus users in my contact received the update.
This is so disappointing. It took almost 1.5 years to develop the update and now the rolling out is so slow (I guess 1 device per day!! )

Hopefully Moto / Lenovo will complete the roll out process by the time I buy a new phone from some other brand !

We have an update thread already, no reason for a new one. Your phone will let you know when the update is available as the update is pushed, you can't pull it. 

See existing thread here

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Moto-G5-Moto-G5-Plus/OFFICIAL-Android-8-Oreo-Update-CONFIRMED/td-p/3806...

Closing duplicate thread

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Top Kudoed Authors