cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Highlighted
Veer173
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-23-2019
Location: IN
Views: 1,118
Message 1 of 11

No Service issue on Moto 5 after Feb patch

Hi Team,

 

I am facing no service issue for my Jio Sim after installing security patch update of 1 st Feb on my Moto G5.

I have tested my Jio sim by putting in another phone its working fone But not able to get service in my phone.Before the patch it was working fine.

Please solve the issue as soon as possible.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,907
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 983
Message 2 of 11

Re: No Service issue on Moto 5 after Feb patch


@Veer173 wrote:

Hi Team,

 

I am facing no service issue for my Jio Sim after installing security patch update of 1 st Feb on my Moto G5.

I have tested my Jio sim by putting in another phone its working fone But not able to get service in my phone.Before the patch it was working fine.

Please solve the issue as soon as possible.


Hi Veer173,

 

Thanks for reporting, this is odd. Let me try to help you. May I know if you are using dual SIM? Can you test the SIM on the second slot to see if that makes any difference? Does this only happens with JIO SIM—have you tested with any other SIM card? If not, please test and let us know how that goes?

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Veer173
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-23-2019
Location: IN
Views: 911
Message 3 of 11

Re: No Service issue on Moto 5 after Feb patch

Hi Team,

 

I have tested sim in both the slot but still the issue is same.

As far as I can understand just after installing the Feb patch which was avilable the SiM started showing no service error.

The Volte service got damaged after the patch.

Other sim are providing 3G and 4G service in combine thats why other sim are working fine with phone.

But Jio is not as it only operates on VoLTE or LTE mode.

Please gelp me to repair that mode or revert back to previous patch level so will get Jio sim in working condition again.

Thanks

Veer

81**Removed**

 

Edited: Removed contact details for your privacy!

 

 

mb1996
What's DOS?
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎05-25-2019
Location: IN
Views: 822
Message 4 of 11

Re: No Service issue on Moto 5 after Feb patch

Hello

Even I am facing this problem , after the last android update on my moto g5 4g isn't working anymore.

i have tried putting both my sims ( jio and airtel) in a different phone and they worked completely fine.

after that i have even factory reseted my phone but that didn't solve my problem . please try to rectify my problem as soon as possible as my jio sim wont even work without 4g.

Thank you

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,907
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 730
Message 5 of 11

Re: No Service issue on Moto 5 after Feb patch


@Veer173 wrote:

Hi Team,

 

I have tested sim in both the slot but still the issue is same.

As far as I can understand just after installing the Feb patch which was avilable the SiM started showing no service error.

The Volte service got damaged after the patch.

Other sim are providing 3G and 4G service in combine thats why other sim are working fine with phone.

But Jio is not as it only operates on VoLTE or LTE mode.

Please gelp me to repair that mode or revert back to previous patch level so will get Jio sim in working condition again.

Thanks

Veer

81**Removed**

 

Edited: Removed contact details for your privacy!

 

 


Hi,

 

Thanks for reverting. Please be advised that if you have already tried to test with New 'JIO' SIM with no avail then please have your device sent for service/repair.

 

You can also share the Bug Report to us for further investigation. Let us know if you need steps on how to capture the Bug Report?

 

Regards,
Swaraj

Motorola Support

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Posts: 5,907
Registered: ‎12-04-2017
Location: IN
Views: 729
Message 6 of 11

Re: No Service issue on Moto 5 after Feb patch


@mb1996 wrote:

Hello

Even I am facing this problem , after the last android update on my moto g5 4g isn't working anymore.

i have tried putting both my sims ( jio and airtel) in a different phone and they worked completely fine.

after that i have even factory reseted my phone but that didn't solve my problem . please try to rectify my problem as soon as possible as my jio sim wont even work without 4g.

Thank you


Thanks for reporting, as suggested earlier—have you tried testing with a new JIO SIM card on your device to see if that makes any difference? As this just happens with JIO SIM only, it sounds more like carrier issue to me. 

Note: Capture the report right after the issue happened.

1. Go to Settings -> About Phone -> Tap on Build number 7 times on the build number to go into the developer options mode,
2. After the above steps, Developer options will be enabled.
3. Go to Settings ->Developer options -> Enable USB debugging > Toggle On
4. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Bug Report shortcut > Toggle On
5. Enable Settings -> Developer options -> Enable Wi-Fi Verbose Logging > Toggle On
6. Once the issue is reproduced, Go to Settings -> Developer options -> Click on take Bug Report or Press Power button and then choose Bug Report from the Power down menu.
7. Wait for some time until the Bug Report is collected. It takes around 3 to 4 minutes to collect the Bug Report.
8. Then upload the Bug Report to your personal Google Drive and then share the link to the BugReport on the forums in a reply or via a private message.
9. Provide observations of what you saw happen right before the Bug report was taken. Please indicate the time that you observed the behaviour in local time.

 

Regards,

Swaraj

Motorola Support

Veer173
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-23-2019
Location: IN
Views: 703
Message 7 of 11

Re: No Service issue on Moto 5 after Feb patch

Hi Team,

 

As per the steps. I have created and shared the bug report pink to you via Private message.

Kindly check the issue and resolve the same on priority.

 

Veer173
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-23-2019
Location: IN
Views: 563
Message 8 of 11

Re: No Service issue on Moto 5 after Feb patch

Hi Team,

 

As I have provided bug report earlier.

Could you please provide me the sokution for my problem.

Or atleast provide me the steps to uninstall Feb patch so that my phone will be in working condition for VOLTE mode.

 

Regards

VEER

Veer173
Blue Screen Again
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎05-23-2019
Location: IN
Views: 505
Message 9 of 11

Re: No Service issue on Moto 5 after Feb patch

Hi Team,

 

I have taken follow up for multiple times from you guys by providinh logs and everything but no reponce.

But any how I have resolved that probkem by restarting my phone multiple time and putting JIO sim in slot 2 with data enabled.

So it worked for me and my issue got fixed.

So people facing same issue as of min can try this solution for no service issue for JIO with Feb patch.

Thanks

Veer

rt1106
Paper Tape
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎07-23-2019
Location: IN
Views: 252
Message 10 of 11

Re: No Service issue on Moto 5 after Feb patch

Hi,

 

 

Last 2-3 software patches were worst. They were adding more issues rather than solving few. They are degarding their quality so much that they will loose many faithful customers

 

I have struggled with wifi connection issue for almost 2-3 months due to patch update. 

Wifi issue got resolved with Feb patch but left me with much worst issue that only wifi works on my phone now and nothing else

 

Never expected this much buggy patches from Motorola.

 

This network issue is happening after updating to Feb patch. 

 

Use case 

  • I have 2 sim cards 1) JIO(with data enabled) 2) IDEA 
  • Both sim working fine with calls and data
  • Phone battery level goes down and phone gets swithced off
  • Charge the phone and restarts it
  • "No Service" shows up for both the sims

 

NOTE: I was face same issue before updating Feb patch but it was used to get resolved after force "Power off" multiple times.

But after Feb patch this solution also stopped working.

 

Top Kudoed Authors