Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
typingpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 1 of 10

No Signal Bars on Moto G5 Plus

I have had my Moto G5 Plus for a while now, and it has been fully functional and very easy to work with. All of the sudden, the service bars completely disappeared and in the top left corner it says 'No Service'. What should I do? My service provider can't seem to do anything to help me so is the problem in my phone or in my sim?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 169
Message 2 of 10

Re: No Signal Bars on Moto G5 Plus

@typingpanda wrote:

I have had my Moto G5 Plus for a while now, and it has been fully functional and very easy to work with. All of the sudden, the service bars completely disappeared and in the top left corner it says 'No Service'. What should I do? My service provider can't seem to do anything to help me so is the problem in my phone or in my sim?

Hi typingpanda,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to try these below checkpoints & let us know.

1. Check with "Network Settings Reset" option.

2. Try changing the SIM cards or try different SIM cards.

3. Check, if " Aeroplane mode" is enabled.

Please do revert if the above checkpoints did not help you.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Porphyrius
802.11n
Views: 128
Message 3 of 10

@typingpanda wrote:

Also check that you have not accidentally enabled the,"Do not Disturb" mode,

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/indevice_detail/a_id/116327/p/30,6720,10165

HTH Smiley Happy

typingpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 104
Message 4 of 10

Thank you for the feedback, but I have already tried to change the SIM card and no change has occurred and I also made sure airplane mode is off. Every time I try to make a call it says "Turn airplane mode off to make calls" but the mode is not on. To ensure this I put it on and tried and then turned it off. In addition, in my settings, I cannot find a 'Network Settings Reset'. 

typingpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 103
Message 5 of 10

Do not Disturb mode is not on, but even if it was....that only blocks your phone from receiving notifications and calls. It does not turn off your service. 

Andres85
What's DOS?
Views: 80
Message 6 of 10

@typingpanda wrote:

Greetings. Before hand I would like to apologize if my English is quite bad.
As the user typingpanda I also have the same problem, from one moment to another the cell stopped receiving any signal with the same characteristics of "No Service" in the top menu, that at the moment of making a call appears a message saying "Turn airplane mode off to make calls" and that in the network configuration menu does not allow me to search the available networks in the area next to a message that says "Error when searching for networks". I've also tried everything possible: I've reset the network connection options, I've tried different simcards, I've tried my simcard on other cell phones (believing that the damage could be from it) and it has worked perfectly on the other devices, I've been aware that the airplane mode is disabled, I've turned off the phone several times with my simcard and others, and I've restored the device to its factory settings and none of this has solved the problem.
Please Motorola, what can I do?

Andres85
What's DOS?
Views: 79
Message 7 of 10

@Agent_Nikh wrote:

@typingpanda wrote:

Hi typingpanda,

Welcome to Forums,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. We request you to try these below checkpoints & let us know.

1. Check with "Network Settings Reset" option.

2. Try changing the SIM cards or try different SIM cards.

3. Check, if " Aeroplane mode" is enabled.

Please do revert if the above checkpoints did not help you.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Greetings. Before hand I would like to apologize if my English is quite bad.
As the user typingpanda also have the same problem, from one moment to another the cell stopped receiving any signal with the same characteristics of "No Service" in the top menu, that at the moment of making a call appears a message saying "Turn airplane mode off to make calls" and that in the network configuration menu does not allow me to search the available networks in the area next to a message that says "Error when searching for networks". I've also tried everything possible: I've reset the network connection options, I've tried different simcards, I've tried my simcard on other cell phones (believing that the damage could be from it) and it has worked perfectly on the other devices, I've been aware that the airplane mode is disabled, I've turned off the phone several times with my simcard and others, and I've restored the device to its factory settings and none of this has solved the problem.
Please Motorola, what can I do?

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 66
Message 8 of 10

@typingpanda wrote:

Thank you for the feedback, but I have already tried to change the SIM card and no change has occurred and I also made sure airplane mode is off. Every time I try to make a call it says "Turn airplane mode off to make calls" but the mode is not on. To ensure this I put it on and tried and then turned it off. In addition, in my settings, I cannot find a 'Network Settings Reset'. 

Hi typingpanda,

We appreciate your efforts in trying the troubleshooting steps. For "Network settings reset" option, please follow these steps & let us know.

Tap on Settings>>System>>Reset>>Network settings>>reset>>Reset settings.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

typingpanda
Paper Tape
Views: 52
Message 9 of 10

Thank you again for you quick feedback and the directions, it is greatly appreciated. 

I tried the Network Setting Reset and it did not work. I also have already done a factory reset and it once again did not work. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 41
Message 10 of 10

@typingpanda wrote:

Thank you again for you quick feedback and the directions, it is greatly appreciated. 

I tried the Network Setting Reset and it did not work. I also have already done a factory reset and it once again did not work. 

Hi typingpanda,

As you have tried with all the basic troubleshooting steps, our best advice for this situation is submitting your phone for Repair would be the next logical action.

Thanks & Regards
Nikh
Lenovo-Moto Support

Top Kudoed Authors