Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megancitya75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 378
Message 1 of 4

No service on Moto G5 Plus after Android update

Last week I installed some sort of update to my Android phone. Since then, I haven't had any mobile data or cell service.

Here are some details about my phone, the sequence of events, and what I have tried so far:

* I have a Moto G5 Plus that is less than two years old. I purchased it at Best Buy. It is out of warranty. 
* My cell provider is MetroPCS in the USA.
* In the last few weeks I have had issues with my phone randomly restarting itself, often several time a day.
* A week ago I installed an update I was sent. All I can remember is that it related to the new Android operating system, 8.1.0 (Oreo).
* Immediately after restarting from the update, my phone showed "No Service" and no cell signal.
* My WiFi connection is working fine.
* I took my phone to MetroPCS three times and they said the issue was not on their end. The phone is finding the SIM card but is not connecting to their cell network. They tried a new SIM card on my phone multiple times and that did not correct the issue. They checked all my settings and said those were correct. They also preformed a network refresh.
* I have performed a factory reset on the phone several times.

Since my cell service stopped working immediately after this update, I am inclined to believe this isn't a hardware issue.

Suggestions?
Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 314
Message 2 of 4

Re: No service on Moto G5 Plus after Android update

@Megancitya75 wrote:

Last week I installed some sort of update to my Android phone. Since then, I haven't had any mobile data or cell service.

Here are some details about my phone, the sequence of events, and what I have tried so far:

* I have a Moto G5 Plus that is less than two years old. I purchased it at Best Buy. It is out of warranty. 
* My cell provider is MetroPCS in the USA.
* In the last few weeks I have had issues with my phone randomly restarting itself, often several time a day.
* A week ago I installed an update I was sent. All I can remember is that it related to the new Android operating system, 8.1.0 (Oreo).
* Immediately after restarting from the update, my phone showed "No Service" and no cell signal.
* My WiFi connection is working fine.
* I took my phone to MetroPCS three times and they said the issue was not on their end. The phone is finding the SIM card but is not connecting to their cell network. They tried a new SIM card on my phone multiple times and that did not correct the issue. They checked all my settings and said those were correct. They also preformed a network refresh.
* I have performed a factory reset on the phone several times.

Since my cell service stopped working immediately after this update, I am inclined to believe this isn't a hardware issue.

Suggestions?

Hi Megancitya75,

Thanks for reaching out to us. can you please update your profile with current phone, carrier and serial number -- this will help me investigate. Please make sure that the options under Settings > Motorola Privacy are on as well, and let me know (just reply here) if it's okay for me to look at your apps to see if they are a source of problems

Need help updating your profile? See here

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support

Megancitya75
Fanfold Paper
Views: 300
Message 3 of 4

I have updated my profile and confirmed my privacy settings. You have permission to look at my apps.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 204
Message 4 of 4

@Megancitya75 wrote:

I have updated my profile and confirmed my privacy settings. You have permission to look at my apps.

Hi Megancitya75,

Thanks for updating your profile we would need more information for which I have sent you a Private message please check and revert.

Thanks

Sandip

Moto Support 

Top Kudoed Authors