India

2 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 8

No turbo charge on new Moto G5

2017-06-15, 10:53 AM

Hi,

I just purchased a Moto G5 from Amazon. One of the reason for opting for the phone was the turbo charging option but I can't figure how this works on the phone. It takes more than 2 hours to charge the phone fully. There is no option in the battery settings. Please help!

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Views: 132765
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: No turbo charge on new Moto G5

2017-06-15, 11:42 AM

wrote:

Hi,

I just purchased a Moto G5 from Amazon. One of the reason for opting for the phone was the turbo charging option but I can't figure how this works on the phone. It takes more than 2 hours to charge the phone fully. There is no option in the battery settings. Please help!

It is controlled by the charger. It needs a qualcomm quick charge charger.  Only the plus ships with one. 

There is no phone setting. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

5 Posts

06-15-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

123 Page Views

• Views: 123
  • Message 3 of 8

2017-06-15, 16:26 PM

So let me get this straight. I own a moto G5 plus, and it charges ok with the turbocharger it came with, but it doesn't charge, not even a little, with a regular charger; by regular charger I mean wallbriks (AC/DC to usb) from other brands or generic with usb type-A to micro-usb cables, I already tried with many cables and many wallbriks, also with many cables directly to a laptop. So is this an issue or is this a fact? By design, the moto G5plus only charges with the turbocharger? Thank you very much for your help.

Options

5 Posts

06-15-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

123 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2017-06-15, 16:53 PM

Hi,

Quick question. I own a moto G5 Plus, I've been using it for a couple of months and it works perfectly, it also charges nicely with the turbocharger it came with. The thing is that it won't charge with any "regular" charger. Is this an issue only I have? or is it that the G5plus by design only charges with the turbocharger?

Thank you very much.

Details:

By won't charge I mean really nothing, like it is just not connected at all.

By "regular" chargers I mean usb-type-a to micro-usb cables and ac-usb chargers ("wall bricks"), also directly to a laptop. Already tried many cables, many brick, etc.

Options

5 Posts

06-15-2017

United States of America

3 Signins

123 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2017-06-15, 16:54 PM
Hi,

Quick question. I own a moto G5 Plus, I've been using it for a couple of months and it works perfectly, it also charges nicely with the turbocharger it came with. The thing is that it won't charge with any "regular" charger. Is this an issue only I have? or is it that the G5plus by design only charges with the turbocharger?
Thank you very much.

Details:
By "regular" chargers I mean usb-type-a to micro-usb cables and ac-usb chargers ("wall bricks"), also directly to a laptop. Already tried many cables, many brick, etc.
Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2017-06-15, 16:57 PM

wrote:
Hi,

Quick question. I own a moto G5 Plus, I've been using it for a couple of months and it works perfectly, it also charges nicely with the turbocharger it came with. The thing is that it won't charge with any "regular" charger. Is this an issue only I have? or is it that the G5plus by design only charges with the turbocharger?
Thank you very much.

Details:
By "regular" chargers I mean usb-type-a to micro-usb cables and ac-usb chargers ("wall bricks"), also directly to a laptop. Already tried many cables, many brick, etc.

It should charge fine with a regular charger. Mine does. 

You should test in safe mode, and if that doesn't work a reset. Test before installing or restoring any apps. If that fails, service may be needed if you want to go that route. 

* Search box is your friend * I don't respond to PM if question belongs in forum
Options

27 Posts

01-04-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

28 Signins

247 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 247
  • Message 7 of 8

2017-07-04, 9:52 AM

Hi I also bought my G5 from Amazon (UK) and dont  get fast charging, according to description on Amazon UK it does ship with 10W fast charger

All-day battery + rapid charging.

With an all-day 2800 mAh battery, go from morning to night without plugging in. And when it’s time to power up, don’t slow down. The included 10W rapid charger gives your Moto G hours of power in just minutes.

Copied from Amazon UK

Any help will be appreciated.

Options

28352 Posts

02-02-2016

United States of America

5841 Signins

132765 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2017-07-04, 13:20 PM

wrote:

Hi I also bought my G5 from Amazon (UK) and dont  get fast charging, according to description on Amazon UK it does ship with 10W fast charger

All-day battery + rapid charging.

With an all-day 2800 mAh battery, go from morning to night without plugging in. And when it’s time to power up, don’t slow down. The included 10W rapid charger gives your Moto G hours of power in just minutes.

Copied from Amazon UK

Any help will be appreciated.

What is your question? Turbo charging is different from fast charging. Turbo charging uses the qualcomm quick charge standard. It is a different charger that varies voltage and amperage as charger talks to cpu. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms