Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SSZdare
What's DOS?
Views: 400
Message 1 of 8

Notification sound, touch sounds, even vibration is very low after Oreo update

Hello! 
I just tried out the phone with the new update, and I already missed 2 notifications as I noticed. I went into the options and turned up all the volume for everything to be sure, and yet, (everyone can test this) even the touch sound is low and there is barely any vibration. The notification sounds sound loud in the options menu, but outside, with the screen off, I only notice it if I look at it, there is no notification sound or it was very quiet. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 287
Message 2 of 8

Re: Notification sound, touch sounds, even vibration is very low after Oreo update

Hi SSZdare,

Welcome to the community. We are always ready to assist here. This is the first I've heard of this after the Oreo update. Can you check if this happens in safe mode? To go into Safe Mode, press the physical power key, then press and hold the pop-up "Power off" key until the Safe Mode instructions pop up.

Would you please update your profile with the IMEI number of your phone? Is it okay if we look into your apps? This will help us investigate. Make sure that your Motorola Privacy is enabled.

If you need a reference in updating your profile, please click this link. https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Forum-Feedback/Complete-your-forums-profile/td-p/3339943

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

pdullea
Paper Tape
Views: 225
Message 3 of 8

Re: Notification sound, touch sounds, even vibration is very low after Oreo update

I also have same prob. after updating to oreo last night. No problems prior to oreo. moto G5+ device. 

mtbluebird27
Paper Tape
Views: 149
Message 4 of 8

I have same issues. Sound on everything is low.

pdullea
Paper Tape
Views: 115
Message 5 of 8

The camera is also very slow after Oreo update. Is anybody working on this?? Can we just go back to the previous build and forget the Oreo thing?? It's not working!!

pdullea
Paper Tape
Views: 107
Message 6 of 8

Just completed a "full factory reset" no help. Problems persist. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 58
Message 7 of 8

@pdullea wrote:

Just completed a "full factory reset" no help. Problems persist. 

If you already did a factory data reset and tested the phone BEFORE installing or restoring ANY apps, and the problem persists, then service is next step. You may check and visit this link for your options: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/mcp/service/

Regards,
JM
Motorola Support

**Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

D34DL1N3R
SCSI Port
Views: 45
Message 8 of 8

I've seen others mention the same issue. Even at full volume I can barely hear notifications at all. All built in apps are uneffected such as default clock alrm volume, phone ringer volume, and the default txting app are all fine. Only apps installed from the app store have this issue & it started after updating to Oreo.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling apps, and also a factory reset. Neither of which helped. My phone is no longer under warranty, so what is a person suppose to do... when a forced update breaks prime functionality of the phone? I cant even begin to say how many important notifications I've missed because I can't hear them when the phone is 2 feet away and on max volume.

This effects EVERY non-preinstalled app on my phone. Even with the phone right next to my ear they are barely audible. I should probaly expect the "Give us full rights to troubleshoot your phone via the Moto app" or "Since the phone is no longer under warranty there is nothing we can do outside of troubleshooting". What troubleshooting can be done if a factory reset didn't solve it? It was caused by the Oreo update, plain and simple. Or the useless "We will pass this information along to our tech team."

How about providing me with a replacement phone that works properly? Shouldn't push faulty updates, it's not any fault of mine that it no longer functions properly. Moto/Lenovo broke my phone, not me.

Top Kudoed Authors