Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

02-19-2018

Ireland

10 Signins

73 Page Views

• Views: 73
  • Message 1 of 4

Notifications keep turning back on after update (MOTO G5 PLUS)

2018-02-21, 23:49 PM

I recently installed a update (android security patch level : 1st if November 2017). After installing this patch I have run into a number of bugs concerning my notifications. I'm an avid user of the Total Silence feature as I hate notification noises but now when I turn it on within atleast 5minutes it will turn itself off. (When put on "until I turn this off" setting and to "turn of in x hour(s)). This can happen with out any activity on my phone ( in my pocket or not in use)

This is very frustrating and I have searched the internet for a solution and no have wrokwo; I have wipe the cache partition twice. And rebooted countless times and I am at a total loss as for what to do. 

I set a rule for a notification but that didn't work either. Please any help would be great. Thank you very much.

Options

381 Posts

01-09-2018

Saint Martin (French part)

243 Signins

3492 Page Views

• Views: 3492
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Notifications keep turning back on after update (MOTO G5 PLUS)

2018-02-22, 8:41 AM

Did you try the advanced settings to turn notifications off for apps ?

Are you sure not an other app is messing with the system settings, for me this is a new one but that say's nothing....

Options

4 Posts

02-19-2018

Ireland

10 Signins

73 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2018-02-26, 21:54 PM

Thank you for your reply.

Just for an update, I looked through all the settings for the apps to see if any had special permissions, then went to the advanced settings too and did not find anything that looked out of place per say. 

I have been eerily putting it off because the effort involved but I am sitting at my computer about to do a factory reset ( first backing up)

but I have discovered something new. I took out my sim card slot with my SD and SIM and in a desperate attempt turned on total silence mode. (having previously done this earlier I know I was still getting the probably of automatic termination.) But now with the SIM card and SD removed it is no longer occurring my phone has been on silent for the last 10-20 minutes and hasn't turned off by itself. So I am going to take out the SIM and put the SD in alone to see if its the problem, then the SIM by itself. 

I will post an update on what happens just in case anyone happens to have this problem.

Options

4 Posts

02-19-2018

Ireland

10 Signins

73 Page Views

• Message 4 of 4

2018-02-26, 22:12 PM
Just to say, before removing my SIM and SD card, the play store automatically updated the carrier service google app. The updates were mainly bug fixes, and the last it was updated was the 22nd of this month so this may have been the problem.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms