Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evance19
Paper Tape
Views: 1,712
Message 1 of 12

Notifications not appearing on homescreen

My motorola G5plus mobile is not showing any notifications for past three days. In my phone i have this option to turn off notifications of a particular app by tap and holding its notification and then disable it(but this will only turn off the notification of that particular app). Now, none of the notifications are appearing. My phone rings and vibrate for app notifications and texts, but when checking screen after unlocking phone, nothing appears. I checked this blog and tried the following steps:

1. Reset all app notification preferences-Not solved

2. I restarted phone-Not solved

3. Turned off phone, went to recovery mode and cleared catche-Not solved

None of these steps helped.

-----------------------------

My android version: 8.1.0

Current version: OPSS28.85-13-5

Security patch level: Dec 1,2018

-----------------------------

I wonder any of the system application that got updated has caused this trouble. Its really annoying that my phone rings and I have to open every application to check from app I got text/notification. If im getting texts from whatsapp and messages I will be opening the application and checking them, but for other notifications I can never check them. Please Help!

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,670
Message 2 of 12

Re: Notifications not appearing on homescreen

Hi Evance19,

Thanks for posting. I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've tried and done. I'd like to confirm when you receive a notification, do you see it on the lock screen? If no, you can enable this feature on the Settings > Apps&Notification >  Notification > On the lock screen > Show all notification content. Also, do you see any notification when you swipe down the notification bar? Does it happen with all of the apps including the native app such as Messages? Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Evance19
Paper Tape
Views: 1,614
Message 3 of 12

Hi Rich,

I have disabled lockscreen notification from the beginning. Also if I swipe down notification bar its empty. This is with all the applications and even messages are not appearing in the notification bar. 

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,388
Message 4 of 12

@Evance19 wrote:

Hi Rich,

I have disabled lockscreen notification from the beginning. Also if I swipe down notification bar its empty. This is with all the applications and even messages are not appearing in the notification bar. 

Can you please try enabling that option just to test this? Also, does it happen in safe mode?

To Enable Safe Mode
1. Press and hold the Power button until Power off comes up on the screen.
2. Touch and HOLD Power off on the screen until reboot to safe mode appears.

Let me know thanks

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Vivarsh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,315
Message 5 of 12

Hi,

I am having the same issue. The notifications are not being displayed on the lock screen as well as in the notification bar. They are displayed in the safe mode but not in the normal mode. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,296
Message 6 of 12

Hi Vivarsh,

Are you hearing notification sound? Does it only happen with third-party apps? Are you using Moto Display? Please make sure "Show all notification content" is chosen. Just open Moto app > Moto Display > Level of details to show > Show all notification content. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola Support

Vivarsh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,270
Message 7 of 12

Hi Rich,

There's no notification sound. The phone only vibrates. Its happening with inbuilt apps as well as third party apps. Yes, I am using Moto display and show all notification content is also selected. Still no luck.

Regards,

Vivarsh

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,232
Message 8 of 12

Hi Vivarsh,

I'd like to clarify, did you set your phone notification to vibrate only? Can you please try setting a ringtone/notification? We can't tell if the phone vibrates due to apps notification. Let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Vivarsh
Paper Tape
Views: 1,218
Message 9 of 12

Hi Rich,

I have set ringtone for calls and tones for every notification. The phone only vibrates whenever I get any messages or mails or any other notifications. Notifications are not displayed in the notification bar, also there's no notification sound. But if I start the phone in safe mode, the notifications gets displayed whenever I get a text message or email and notification sound also can be heard. But it's not the similar case with normal mode. And it has happened all of a sudden without doing any changes in the settings. Please help because it's very frustrating.

Regards,

Vivarsh

Senior MotoAgent
Senior MotoAgent
Views: 1,170
Message 10 of 12

@Vivarsh wrote:

Hi Rich,

I have set ringtone for calls and tones for every notification. The phone only vibrates whenever I get any messages or mails or any other notifications. Notifications are not displayed in the notification bar, also there's no notification sound. But if I start the phone in safe mode, the notifications gets displayed whenever I get a text message or email and notification sound also can be heard. But it's not the similar case with normal mode. And it has happened all of a sudden without doing any changes in the settings. Please help because it's very frustrating.

Regards,

Vivarsh

Does it happen in safe mode? Please try booting your phone in safe mode as I suggested in my previous response. Let me know. Thanks. 

Best regards,
Rich
Motorola-Lenovo Support

Top Kudoed Authors