Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-01-2018

India

5 Signins

69 Page Views

• Views: 69
  • Message 3721 of 5250

Re: [OFFICIAL] Android 8(Oreo) Update CONFIRMED!

2018-09-09, 9:32 AM
How much time to get oreo update receive in india for all.
Options

2018-09-09, 9:53 AM

Seriously? Do you think if eleven indians before you don't receive an answer to that question, you will do?

Don't believe a single word a Moto employee will tell you; just have a look at what happened to the Moto G4 Plus. It got Nougat two years ago. At the beginning, a second major update was promised, then they wanted to break their promise. Due to many complaints, they told to update to Oreo. Now you can see how much they are willing to keep their promise - testing for Moto G4 Plus has just started and given that for Moto G5 Plus the tests have started months ago and we now don't have Oreo yet, I wouldn't bet on having it before x-mas. Motorola is not ruining themselves now, the damage is already there. Officialy, Oreo will come sometime, but after warranty has ended. Great stuff!

It's not by hazard that Lienovo now spreads news about an update (buggy as somebody said here) because the release of Moto g6 plus is starting in India in a couple of days... Hope, the people are smart enough not to fall for it...

Options

1 Posts

09-09-2018

India

4 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 3723 of 5250

I had not got Oreo update in my Moto g5 plus

2018-09-09, 10:15 AM

Still waiting for Oreo update, when I will get update please some one help (reply) me

Very bad experience with Motorola updata 

Options

122 Posts

03-21-2015

India

96 Signins

1224 Page Views

• Views: 1224
  • Message 3724 of 5250

2018-09-09, 10:20 AM

Guys,

THERE IS NO STABLE UPDATE ROLLING TO ANY MOTO G5 PLUS DEVICE ON PLANET EARTH AS ON 09/09/2018!!

It is just to pacify irate customers like us so as to reduce damage to Moto's Image and assist in upcoming launch of g6 Plus in India.

I have seen only 3 people claiming to have received the update, however, the build number on it is for soak test 4, not the stable rollout. It is further been confirmed since no one is willing to share the about phone screenshot of the devices. Soak testing software kernel clearly mentions "prerelease"

Dont believe anything claimed by motorola. We will get the update, just not this immediately, and the update is certainly NOT rolling out in either phases or batches as of 09/09/18..

To all my fellow brothers and sisters of India, the update is not like monsoon or winter for you to ask when will you receive it in either Mumbai or Surat or Delhi or Chennai. It is based on IMEI of the devices on a particular channel (retin, retbr, retca, reteu). So, someone who receives the update along with you will probably be 100 - 1000 kms away from you.

Peace!!

Moto G5 Plus
Options

1 Posts

06-01-2018

India

9 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 3725 of 5250

2018-09-09, 10:41 AM

I have not received the update yet.

I own a m0to g5plus

Options

39 Posts

05-06-2018

India

119 Signins

386 Page Views

• Views: 386
  • Message 3726 of 5250

2018-09-09, 11:47 AM

wrote:

Guys,

THERE IS NO STABLE UPDATE ROLLING TO ANY MOTO G5 PLUS DEVICE ON PLANET EARTH AS ON 09/09/2018!!

It is just to pacify irate customers like us so as to reduce damage to Moto's Image and assist in upcoming launch of g6 Plus in India.

I have seen only 3 people claiming to have received the update, however, the build number on it is for soak test 4, not the stable rollout. It is further been confirmed since no one is willing to share the about phone screenshot of the devices. Soak testing software kernel clearly mentions "prerelease"

Dont believe anything claimed by motorola. We will get the update, just not this immediately, and the update is certainly NOT rolling out in either phases or batches as of 09/09/18..

To all my fellow brothers and sisters of India, the update is not like monsoon or winter for you to ask when will you receive it in either Mumbai or Surat or Delhi or Chennai. It is based on IMEI of the devices on a particular channel (retin, retbr, retca, reteu). So, someone who receives the update along with you will probably be 100 - 1000 kms away from you.

Peace!!

Where is Tom who claimed that it's stable version rolling out and was claiming to be from Motorola. He also put this thread to solved..

<edited for personal attack and childish name calling>

Options

15 Posts

03-08-2018

India

131 Signins

347 Page Views

• Views: 347
  • Message 3727 of 5250

2018-09-09, 11:50 AM

Moto g6 plus

Moto one

Moto one power

and goes on and on ..so does our never ending wait for oreo 8.1 .

They wont stop bringing out new phones every month or so.

These people making a fool out of us by saying updates are rolling out in phases.

They have degraded themselves.

Worst update policy ever ....

Options

4 Posts

08-17-2018

India

10 Signins

70 Page Views

• Views: 70
  • Message 3728 of 5250

2018-09-09, 12:24 PM

Yes.Thats the only way to show this useless company who never bothers about their present customers and their power.I am going register a compliant on this company in the official website of consumer care INDIA.I am even ready to file a case on these guys.What kind of phased roll out takes this much time and not even a single person of INDIA has officially reported that he/she has recieved the OTA.And we have to file this case against them becuase what is even the use of releasing a update after the phone's warranty is out of date.So guys please do file a case in the website for consumers of India and claim your justice in what way you can.These guys are just saving themselves for moto g6.Lets atleast save people from such a fraudulent company and please review about moto and moto's phones in whatever websites you can.I really dont know which phased roll out will not be sending update atleast even for one customer in a whole country.please do file your greviance in this link

https://consumerhelpline.gov.in

Am also MFN user.Didnt get any of soak test too.I asked a moto customer care representative over live chat.He said there is no point of contact for enquiring about updates and he also said that,we will be notified if the update is available.Clearly these people are cheating us.I was thinking of filing a case long before,but was waiting paitiently for moto.No more patience after knowing none of us recieved the OTA all over the country except that guy with late soak test update. So please do file a compliant on this company and post your reviews in every possible website to avoid buying phones from this company and save your fellow people.Moto has chose to close their company again by losing their customers by not full filling their promises again it seems.I was using moto G4 plus and now moto g5 plus.They first tried to cheat moto g4 plus customer by saying no to oreo even though they promised to.Now they are cheating moto g5 plus customers to.No more moto in my life ever.I will not recommend this to anyone and will suggest nokia which is far better,giving two updates even to their lower end phones.Very disappointed as customer

https://consumerhelpline.gov.i

Options

1 Posts

09-09-2018

India

7 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 3729 of 5250

2018-09-09, 12:29 PM

Hello, i am from India and using moto g5 plus, I don't get Oreo 8.1 update yet.

Options

2 Posts

09-09-2018

India

5 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 3730 of 5250

2018-09-09, 12:39 PM

Hello! I am from India. and I own a Moto G5 Plus. It has been more than two days since the updates started rolling out and I haven't received the Oreo 8.1 update for my moto device. How much more should I wait for it?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms