Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

Motorola Community

Moto G PhonesMoto G5 / Moto G5 Plus
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

06-15-2018

India

9 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 3791 of 5250

Re: [OFFICIAL] Android 8(Oreo) Update CONFIRMED!

2018-09-10, 19:22 PM

Is this a right remoured that motorola giving the new oreo8.1 update soon in india! i think its an fake news

Options

13 Posts

08-16-2017

Brazil

10 Signins

242 Page Views

• Views: 242
  • Message 3792 of 5250

2018-09-10, 19:42 PM
Whoever is reporting is from Motorola.
Options

6 Posts

09-07-2018

United States of America

64 Signins

343 Page Views

• Views: 343
  • Message 3793 of 5250

2018-09-10, 19:52 PM

Hello Moto, Where's my Oreo?

Just for fun, It's a long thread. But really anxious waiting for the update.

Options

521 Posts

12-29-2013

United States of America

557 Signins

10169 Page Views

• Views: 10169
  • Message 3794 of 5250

2018-09-10, 20:01 PM

wrote:

When there's just one guy who's has got the OTA (no one else has received it in the forum and none have  informed receiving it either on Facebook or tweeter), then people can definitely have doubts. We are not saying that he's lying just that it could be a soak test since he's part of MFN and that it's not the final version. Nobody is questioning his integrity. We do have respect for our countrymen.

From the moment he said he got it he was called a lier. And despite him saying it was not a soak update, even explained the difference in how they are delivered, people are still calling it a lie. They are even taking the word of some random customer service rep that doesn't have the latest info (I've dealt with many CSRs and they are seldom proactive in getting info and things take a while to get down to that level) People are quick to point out how big the market in India is and how many G5+ phones were sold, yet fail to recognize what a small sample this forum represents. Not counting the 1 and done complainers, there's not 50 regular posters here. The odds that one of them is among the early recipients of the release are miniscule.

Options

2 Posts

03-15-2018

India

11 Signins

54 Page Views

• Views: 54
  • Message 3795 of 5250

2018-09-10, 20:19 PM

It's fake news. 

Options

89 Posts

03-05-2018

India

400 Signins

3546 Page Views

• Views: 3546
  • Message 3796 of 5250

2018-09-11, 1:39 AM

wrote:

wrote:

When there's just one guy who's has got the OTA (no one else has received it in the forum and none have  informed receiving it either on Facebook or tweeter), then people can definitely have doubts. We are not saying that he's lying just that it could be a soak test since he's part of MFN and that it's not the final version. Nobody is questioning his integrity. We do have respect for our countrymen.

From the moment he said he got it he was called a lier. And despite him saying it was not a soak update, even explained the difference in how they are delivered, people are still calling it a lie. They are even taking the word of some random customer service rep that doesn't have the latest info (I've dealt with many CSRs and they are seldom proactive in getting info and things take a while to get down to that level) People are quick to point out how big the market in India is and how many G5+ phones were sold, yet fail to recognize what a small sample this forum represents. Not counting the 1 and done complainers, they's not 50 regular posters here. The odds that one of them is among the early recipients of the release are miniscule.

We never called his statement a lie. We said the Kernel version had a prerelease tag and we enquired whether he is a MFN user. Even I asked him that whether he received any previous soak test.

There is No Release Notes in our country site too. Maybe Motorola might have rolled out the final soak buid( which may become the official oreo) to other members of MFN who were not involved in prev soak tests.

Options

7 Posts

02-22-2018

India

9 Signins

138 Page Views

• Views: 138
  • Message 3797 of 5250

2018-09-11, 1:50 AM

Please check my device

rooted

Options

89 Posts

03-05-2018

India

400 Signins

3546 Page Views

• Message 3798 of 5250

2018-09-11, 2:00 AM

wrote:

Hello everyone, I know many of you have been eagerly awaiting Oreo for your Moto G5 Plus and Moto G5. I'm happy to say that we've started rolling out the Oreo update in phases for the Moto G5 Plus in India and Brazil and the Moto G5 in Mexico. Please be patient as not all devices in India, Brazil, and Mexico will get the update immediately. Other regions are still pending and will get the update in the future. 

-Tom

Where is the release notes for Moto G5 Plus in the Brazil and India site? Is it only to MFN users?

Options

89 Posts

03-05-2018

India

400 Signins

3546 Page Views

• Message 3799 of 5250

2018-09-11, 2:10 AM

wrote:

wrote:

From the moment he said he got it he was called a lier. And despite him saying it was not a soak update, even explained the difference in how they are delivered, people are still calling it a lie. They are even taking the word of some random customer service rep that doesn't have the latest info (I've dealt with many CSRs and they are seldom proactive in getting info and things take a while to get down to that level) People are quick to point out how big the market in India is and how many G5+ phones were sold, yet fail to recognize what a small sample this forum represents. Not counting the 1 and done complainers, they's not 50 regular posters here. The odds that one of them is among the early recipients of the release are miniscule.

We never called it is a lie. We enquired about the prerelease tag in the kernel number. Maybe the final soak(which will become the final oreo build) can be rolled out to other MFN users too. Even I enquired the same thing by asking him whether he received any prevoius soak tests or whether he is a MFN Member.

Well, if you want a lie then there is one, which is what MotorolaTom said. There are No Release Notes in both Brazil and Indian Sites. Rolling out final soak or final build to MFN users should have been conveyed by him. Well check all the Tech sites. They all mention employee from Motorola said they have rolled out Oreo.

Well I would say the guy who received the Oreo gave more information to the point than what MotorolaTom did.

The G5S Plus has release notes in their Indian and Brazil sites. 

Options

89 Posts

03-05-2018

India

400 Signins

3546 Page Views

• Message 3800 of 5250

2018-09-11, 2:26 AM

If Motorola is facing problems with their "phased rollout" either give the Download link or make a download firmware option in My Devices page. :smileywink:

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms