cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
porsan
Punch Card
Views: 1,329
Message 601 of 5,089

Re: [OFFICIAL] Android 8(Oreo) Update CONFIRMED!

@XL_bob wrote:

Reading these comments are the funniest thing ever I have seen on this forum! It amazes me how it goes to people's feelings when their phone doesn't get an Android update! Don't you have more important things to worry about Smiley LOL I get it it may be frustrating not get the latest updates, but geez people calm down! At end of the day, it is just an Android update.

Well not really. 
I can live without the absolutly latest update for a while, but when it drags out and you are not sure if your unit will get it or not you have to start planning for the longevity. If you do not get the latest version you sure as heck is not getting the next one. And after that your only option is to root it and install a unofficial rom, and with that loose all support for banking and streaming apps. 

TheSoupThief
Token Ring
Views: 2,441
Message 602 of 5,089

@XL_bob

You make a fair point, but in these heady days, isn't it a bit of fun to get exercised about something that barely matters at all? Thinking too long about looming financial collapse, global political turmoil and other serious issues of the day makes my head spin, so it's nice to wind down by getting excited about something I can comfortably think of as a harmless hobby (until my phone gets pwned by some 12 year old master criminal cos motorola don't gimme mah patches in a timely fashion Smiley Wink). Btw, if funny is what you want, there are funnier forums out there without needing to get chippy with a bunch of harmless geeks - jus sayin

Abhi90
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,297
Message 603 of 5,089

I don't think there is any other company in the world where even their moderaters are as clueless as users on the forum. 

TheSoupThief
Token Ring
Views: 2,269
Message 604 of 5,089

Trust me pal, this set up is not unusual. It's identical to that in place with my mobile operator, also a Microsoft website I used a while back. Moderators are there to ensure we all mind our manners and abide by the house rules. If they can offer some wise counsel along the way then so much the better, but that's not really their primary function.

While there may be some kick-backs and freebies, moderators are rarely paid employees and are not privy to any top secret info. So go easy on the moderators - they actually are just regular forum users here to help us all rub along, albeit with a few extra duties and the odd perk.

Highlighted
Moto Sr Moderator
Moto Sr Moderator
Views: 2,893
Message 605 of 5,089

@TheSoupThief wrote:

Trust me pal, this set up is not unusual. It's identical to that in place with my mobile operator, also a Microsoft website I used a while back. Moderators are there to ensure we all mind our manners and abide by the house rules. If they can offer some wise counsel along the way then so much the better, but that's not really their primary function.

While there may be some kick-backs and freebies, moderators are rarely paid employees and are not privy to any top secret info. So go easy on the moderators - they actually are just regular forum users here to help us all rub along, albeit with a few extra duties and the odd perk.

I started as a member back more than 10 years ago. I too was upset that my Motorola Cliq was not being updated after they said they would. Well, over hundreds of pages of one thread I believe we did finally get updated but it was not the best.

From that I was asked to help here as a Mod. Now at almost 13,000 posts later I've seen a lot here. And I've learned as much. So I'm not clueless as mentioned by another. But as you stated, not part of the official interoffice memos. We're here to help and answer questions if we can. And if course moderate the forum. I've had death threats over updates. That's extremism at it's best and insanity for sure. People forget we are users as well and not just a rep that may not even own an Android device. The agents on here are very good at what they do. I've seen them go above and beyond to help. So please give them some slack too. 

Glad to see this thread is mellowing out a bit. 

sdzshn3
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,860
Message 606 of 5,089

I'm contributing a lot since the release of G5 plus to this group.

I saw lot of mods replies and I could understand your feelings. You said many times that you are just a User. And some others stated in signature block as "we are not employee of Moto. We are volunteers".

I also used to ask so aggressively at beginning. But as time goes, learnt how is everything going.

I was much active before the release of Oreo. It was so calm and I used to see only technical issues related posts.

But, once the Oreo buzz started, I felt so hard to make people wise. It was so hard to answer or argue with some people. The worst time of all this experience is these days when a new rumour started saying that Motorola is pushing out Oreo to all devices in those two countries.

Then I decided to keep calm until Oreo update releases.

But, I'm interested to contribute/help and to achieve something. It's just my hobby.

So, I'll start contributing again when Oreo releases. (But still doing in other topics)

Specially, I like the ranking and kudo achievement which makes me challenging.

I like such things.

Best Regards, Syed Zeeshan.
NK_
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,552
Message 607 of 5,089

I bought my g5+ back in August, have been reading since then but had to sign up now. Have had three Motorola and a HTC before this and whenever I felt the urge to upgrade to the latest software or something new, I'd flash a custom ROM and play around and never bother anyone about the update, because you either get it or not, as simple as that!
We all know the forum is P2P communication meant for helping each other out and discuss technical stuff, but we are being crybabies.
For god sake it is just another update, we'll receive it when it's time, get back to work and keep the space clean and intriguing but not as in asking about when is the OTA going to hit your device but something interesting.
Hope I never have to write again and just read and go through some engaging stuff again.
Ccl2000
HDMI
Views: 2,546
Message 608 of 5,089

If you think this community went nuts, wait until android P gets released and motorola says they won't update us.. :/

Ronan4lynch
Serial Port
Views: 2,529
Message 609 of 5,089

WHAT! Motorola won't update to Android P, this is outrageous and exactly why this company is going down. My Moto g5+ just got the November security patch and it's February AND this phone needs Oreo BUT NOW your saying they won't update to Android P!!!! LUDICROUS!

dhairya79
Serial Port
Views: 2,306
Message 610 of 5,089

Top Kudoed Authors